5.0 out of 5 stars Loving yourself loving another
Published on 8 Dec 2004 by tracy6865

1.0 out of 5 stars Dont buy it
The book is written in a bit depressing approach and it is also patronising. I would not recommend it. There are other much better self help books in this field
Published 9 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Loving yourself loving another, 8 Dec 2004
This review is from: Loving Yourself Loving Another: The Importance of Self-esteem for Successful Relationships (Relate Guides) (Paperback)
A great book if you feel unloved or not listened to, if you have low self esteem and blame yourself for all the problems or feel you are taking all the blame. I read this book when my relationship was going through a bad patch. It helped me to understand myself and why i felt so low. It gave tips on how to make lifestyle changes in small steps and how to look at problems in a different way to help face them head on and work through them. it made me think about myself and my relationship and how small changes could make such a big difference, It also helped me to realise how lucky i was and things were not as bad as they felt once i tackled my own low self esteem. A very easy read.

5.0 out of 5 stars The importance of self esteem., 21 Dec 2008
Obviously, having low self esteem can take it's tole on people and this book really points that out. Even before you get into a relationship, your low self esteem can sabatoge it. It's so true and so insightful that I was really amazed at how this can effect someone. A really good book, along with How To Be Wanted: Use the Law of Attraction to Date the Man You Most Desire and Live the Life You Deserve.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 23 May 2010
A Kid's Review
I personally am going through a divorce, the relationship suffered from esteem problems, after reading this book, I have realised where things went wrong and it has helped me to move on. Its an easy read, but dont do that all at once, I suggest that you read only a chapter at a time and then reflection, it works.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 24 April 2014
I like to read books on Self-esteem and this one didn't disappoint me. There are some interesting new things in it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dont buy it, 9 Jan 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars helpful, 23 Dec 2013
I found this book very helpful and after reading this bought others from the relate collection. Excellent read and some great tasks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book!, 27 Jan 2013
Julie goes into the very issues in a relationship, from the first - to love yourself and then being able to love another in a free way

3.0 out of 5 stars fair, 10 Nov 2009
I have read most of this book and I was not that impressed to be honest. I have read much better books than this on similar topics.. but it was easy to read and only a short book, which would be a good starting point for many

2.0 out of 5 stars Pretty basic explanation, 15 Jan 2013
Could be helpful for some people but I found the language and the case studies really quite basic and stuff that everyone knows already! I bought it hoping to boost my self-esteem a bit but it didn't really offer much practical help.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not earth-shattering, 19 Oct 2011
This book was easy to read, and contained some useful questionnaire sections to help you assess where your 'issues' are....but I found it a bit disappointing that it didn't then go on to tell you how to tackle those issues, once you had identified them. It raised some questions but didn't really give many answers. Knowing why you have low self-esteem, and recognising where it stems from, doesn't necessarily make you feel any better, and doesn't help you improve it.....in my opinion. Interesting and easy to read, but didn't offer any constructive help, for me anyway.