5.0 out of 5 stars Emotionally powerful.
Published on 12 Oct 2004 by strawberry03

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting
A good dip in and dip out book. Lots of the series to choose from. Nice on a day to curl up and have a good read.
Published 16 months ago by Carol Davies

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Emotionally powerful., 12 Oct 2004
This review is from: Chicken Soup For The Soul: 101 Stories to Open the Heart and Rekindle the Spirit: Stories That Restore Your Faith in Human Nature (Paperback)
I read this book after reading Chicken soup for the teenage soul, and i found this book so emotional. The stories in here really do make you value life and think so carefully about your life and where its going. If you are in a position where your unhappy or cant find the meaning, this book will almost certainly enlighten you. This was really one of the best books i have read. The stories really do make you want to cry, all the people in them are inspirational. They really do restore your faith in human nature.

5.0 out of 5 stars No one should go without reading this book!, 20 Nov 2003
By A Customer
I don't think any book has had such an influence on me as this one. In its introduction, it says that the book will stir up every emotion in you and there is no doubt that this true. One story will make you smile and warm your heart, another will make tears come to your eyes, others will make you laugh and others you will just feel you have to tell someone else about. It's a book I would HIGHLY recommend to anyone - it can be read a little bit at a time or read the whole book in a few days. I don't think anyone could read this and not be touched by it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Heartwarming and insightful, 14 Feb 2009
Steven Unwin "Steve Unwin" (Preston, UK) - See all my reviews
In keeping with the series this volume contains 101 short stories demonstrating compassion, generosity, kindness and belief. The stories are grouped under the seven headings of On Love, Learning to Love Yourself, On Parenting, On Learning, Live your Dream, Overcoming Obstacles and Eclectic Wisdom.

The stories provide a mix of insight and inspiration and are able to make you feel humbled and empowered. Many of the stories create an emotional reaction and connect with our humanity. Many also provide solid guidance and support and ready access to experience that we can benefit from with relevance to our improvement efforts.

By way of example if you find the temptation to use failure as an excuse to give up trying, the story of Abraham Lincoln may prove very instructive. Before becoming US president in 1860, he overcame a long list of failure and setback including bankruptcy, mental breakdown, failure to get in to Law School, repeated failure when running for the state legislature, the senate and congress and received only 100 votes when running for vice presidency .

Most of the stories are not of the well known or famous but are guaranteed to be thought provoking. What I like is that you can carry the book with you and read it when you have little more than a spare minute. The stories are really good at giving a kick start to your emotions and your thinking, often in unexpected ways.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very simply, this book restores faith in the Human Race., 13 Nov 2001
I was given Chicken Soup for the Soul as a birthday present when I was at a particularly down time in my life.
It said to read the stories carefully and slowly which I did. Every single night whilst reading this book I went to sleep with a smile on my face as the stories restored my faith. The whole content of the book is an inspiration, from beginning to end and is well worth every penny spent.
The stories capture the very essence of human kindness and how to make your life better. If we could all be like the people described in these stories, the world would be a much better place. Can't wait to get the next one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spellbinding, 8 April 2009
This book has something for everyone, it is divided into 7 sections entitled: 'On Love', 'Learning To Love Yourself', 'On Parenting', 'On Learning', 'Live Your Dream', 'Overcoming Obstacles', and 'Eclectic Wisdom'. It's basically a collection of short stories, usually a couple of pages long, which are heart-warming and inspiring.

I couldn't put this book down and read it in one sitting, it was that fascinating and touching. I've highlighted stories which were particularly poignant to me and will no doubt return to them again and again, when in need of inspiration. In the current economic climate and with all the negativity in the media, we could all do with reading something positive, to redress the balance, and this book provides that opportunity.

Having only finished the book today, it's too early to say what lasting impact it will have on me but I'm sure that it will become a significant influence, and I look forward to investing in more 'Chicken Soup For The Soul' books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Uplifting, 8 May 2009
After watching 'The Secret' and listening to Jack Canfield speak I decided to look for the PDF of his book online and put it on my phone to read in my spare time. I did this and loved it so much that I had to buy it!

This book is full of beautiful short stories that should be shared with everyone. It's the kind of book that you can randomly pull off the shelf and read something that will remind you about what's important in life! Buy it... there will be AT LEAST one story in there that will make it worth it for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is one of those "can't put down" books, 14 July 2001
Last year I was in Canada and everywhere I went I saw the Chicken Soup For The Soul books, and thought to myself how many types of chicken soup can you get? The evening before I left to come back home to England my sister had one on her kitchen table and I asked her about it. She gave me the book to take home and I had read it cover to cover before the plane touched down at Heathrow. Now, I am not an avid reader, can't concentrate for long enough to read a book, but I have since bought more of the books and once I start to read I can't stop until I have finished, and am always waiting for the next edition to be published. These books are the best thing since Chicken Soup and Sliced Bread

5.0 out of 5 stars My fav dish of the Day :), 11 Jun 2007
These are my comfort reads, everyone should have at least one 'Chicken Soup' Book,... after all there's something for everyone, Go on have a taste, bet you luv it!! Enjoy xx

5.0 out of 5 stars wake up call, 3 Oct 2007
this was given to me by a friend together with
[the callnig of your true self] both these books have lifted my spirits after going through, life changes, i have started to live my life in a different way since reading these i keep reading them to remember that your soul can be healed tears and laughter but great reads

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally moving and inspiring. Makes you give again!, 2 Nov 2000
By A Customer
This book is fantastic. For those moments when you feel lonely, you can cope or you just need a lift. It is Inspiring and the storys make you stop and think how lucky we all are. This is one in a series of books. I recieved it as a gift from a friend and then passed it on to my friend and my mother. I read the second book too and it inspired me to go out and give to others, to enjoy each day to the full and smile. It may sound stupid but this book helped me in my hour of need and taught me that if I just lift my head, the clouds will clear and life will go on. It made me feel so happy and I definately recommend it as the perfect christmas gift for a child, a friend or a relative. Pass on the love and write your own stories which may be published in the next book in this series. It is something you can read again and again.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›