on 5 November 2004
Once my son was 8 weeks, I had run out of ideas to "entertain" him. This book is wonderful because it points you to what babies are capable of (which is a lot) and then you can think up of games to stimulate them. There are lots of wonderful ideas in the book itself
It made very fascinating reading as well - plus it was exciting to watch my son learn to do new stuff based on the ideas in the book.
I would recommend this book to all new parents
on 16 January 2002
This is a fantastic book. It will give you a great insight into just what is going on upstairs in your babies mind and provide you with the knowledge and encouragement to develop your child's true potential.
The message from the book is that learning is fun for babies and that they want to learn, be stimulated and solve problems. The book shows you valuable ways to use the early days with your child constructively.
on 23 September 2012
Excellent book about how the baby mind works. Gives you lots of ideas to develop games and activites with your baby. I really liked the fact that every game is based on studies and experiments that have been made.
on 13 June 2003
I'm only part-way through reading this book, and have already discovered things that will help me bond with, and develop the mind of, my unborn child.
In the introduction, we learn that the child will remember rhymes read to it even before birth (Dr Seuss is the example given). Even at one day old, Baby will start recognising your facial expressions and start mimicking them! From start to finish, case studies are given to illustrate how clever our children are, and how we can help them develop that potential.
I can't wait to finish the book - but I'm already playing with my child, before birth!
on 3 November 2015