5.0 out of 5 stars practical advice on how to overcome many emotional problems
Published on 6 Dec. 2000

2.0 out of 5 stars Not suitable for Kindle
Good book but this should not be releases for kindle to many written exercises to complete dose not work with kindle
Published on 6 Dec. 2012 by BrianAll

5.0 out of 5 stars practical advice on how to overcome many emotional problems, 6 Dec. 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: 10 Days To Great Self Esteem: 10 Easy Steps to Brighten Your Moods and Discovering the Joy in Everyday Living (Paperback)
David Burns uses his extensive knowledge in dealing with emotional problems to create this workbook. It is simple and useful. The really McCoy. I hope you can gain benefit from the exercises described here. There are references to his other books which supplement the ideas he is trying to convey to the reader. I would give this book a five star review purely based on the changes it has brought about in my life, allowing me to overcome many self-esteem related issues. Don't resist buying this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book can change your outlook on life., 19 Feb. 1999
By A Customer
Books like _Ten Days to Self Esteem_ can't help every one. But if you go at it with the right outlook it can change your life. Dr. Burns writes in a very clear, down-to-earth manner and has good real-life examples. His analyses of the causes of negative mindsets are well-based and accurate. He explains many possible causes of low self-esteem and offers many insights on how to face and defeat negative mindsets and thought. This book greatly helped me in my struggles with low self-esteem and poor body image. I strongly recommend others to give it a chance. The only thing you have to lose is unhappiness.

5.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good, 13 Sept. 2008
C. Ross "carlaross" (East Sussex) - See all my reviews
I bought this book for my ex-partner (we still get along!), it arrived to today and I thought I'd read just to check I hadn't bought something daft. I've read the first couple of chapters and so far I feel the language and communication are great. One of my worries was that it was going to sound too American, which would be a turn off for my ex, but it doesn't .

The main reason I wanted to add a review is that in the first chapter it asks you to supplement your work in the book with reading from another of his books - The Feeling Good Handbook - which happily I'd ordered anyway, but thought may be disappointing to get yourself in the mindset to read and DO the exercises in this book, only to find you didn't have all you needed. Perhaps it says that somewhere and I've missed it! But thought would be handy just in case.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not suitable for Kindle, 6 Dec. 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars First Class, 31 Aug. 2008
This is the first time I have written such a review, but feel compelled to do so because this is a brilliant book. I have read many similar books on the subject, and this is by far the best. The techniques and practical exercises described really help, not just in improving self-esteem, but in bringing joy to everyday living. Who needs an expensive therapist when you have this book from Dr Burns. Go and buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ten Days to a better life, 15 Feb. 2007
Jon (Sheffield, UK) - See all my reviews
I really enjoyed reading this book and doing all the recommended exercises; it has really enabled me to start a new life free from debilitating depression. I highly recommend this book to anyone who wants to seek a better life!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great/Super book.. still not depressed., 16 Nov. 2005
By A Customer
I have always suffered from depression all my life & I have found that D.Burns' books have help me to be where I am now... a person who has not suffered from depression for many many years now. His book "Feeling Good" is excelent. Written in 2005

Its now 2009 & I am still great & now read books on happiness & well being so no longer read stuff on depression. The core of what I learnt from Feeling Good still stays with me & I apply what I have learnt to avoid feeling depressed where in the long distance past I have been depressed.

5.0 out of 5 stars best self help book i have ever read, 26 May 2010
i have suffered with depression and anxiety for years. I have read a number of self help books of this type but this is the first one that actually made a difference. the tone is friendly but assertive and i would recommend that readers fill in the exercises - they are so enlightening and much more effective than just reading a book; it is also empowering to be helping ones self recover. i hope that others are helped by this book as much as i have been.

5.0 out of 5 stars Helpful, 15 April 2015
Great book although perhaps a little long winded. The interactive part is not for everyone although the repetitiveness of the ideas is an important factor in pushing the message home. For me personally it opened my eyes and brain to aspects of my condition that I had never thought of before. Another book in my arsenal of 'self helps' as I continue my battle with anxiety and lack of confidence.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 9 Sept. 2013
If you work at it...it works! have read other self help by David Burns and his common sense approach works well and is easy and practical to apply to everyday situations...but it's not an easy ride and you have to work at it!