5.0 out of 5 stars Words of wisdom
This is a very informative and entertaining book; not just for parents who need advice with specific problems but also for parents who are keen to avoid problems before they arrive. The author covers all aspects of successful child rearing in an absolutely no-nonsense, down-to-earth manner. (It's definitely not full of any 'latest-fad', extreme psychoanalyst nonsense!)...
Published on 20 May 2001 by J. Thomas

3.0 out of 5 stars Common Sense
This book is an easy read with great humor. However if you are looking for pratical advice keep looking. I thought the toddler taming was brilliant and so decided to buy this. I was dissapointed. The best advice was to treat your children with respect to get it back. Unless your child has a specific problem such as adhd I wouldn't really recommend it. It is well written...
Published on 26 Oct 2010 by frazz

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 27 Mar 2013
Bought this as toddler taming was excellent and really helped me to develop a better more positive (and less fraught) relationship with my son by changing my behaviour and approach. Tis is good but not as 'life changing' for me as toddler taming was. Perhaps that's because TT had such a positive impact. Will keep this and refer to it occaisionally though so still a good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab!, 22 Mar 2013
E. Winchester (cambridgeshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Beyond Toddlerdom: Keeping five- to twelve- year-olds on the rails (Paperback)
It is a brilliant book logical and practical. Lets you realise you are not unique and it will pass with help
Recommended to most of my friends

5.0 out of 5 stars Would recommend this book to anyone who looks after kids, 2 Feb 2013
I have referred to this book plenty of times. It has been a great help with those parenting dilemmas. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dr Greene makes me feel sane, 31 Jan 2013
I have read many books over the 11 years of being a parent and time and time again I come back to Dr Greene. He gives practical advise for modern parenting but most importantly he gives you the sanity that you need to get you through the terrible 2's, the starting school, the per teen years and on and on and on.
This book is no exception now that I'm in the 'tween age' years. I'm not saying I'm the perfect parent but Dr Greene gives you the reassurance that you are not the first parent to go through it and you certainly won't be the last.
He doesn't paint rosey pictures of movie like children sitting quietly in restaurants, , but does help you to recognise what's important and most of all to enjoy your children for being children.
Overall good sound practical and achievable advise.

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful read for parents, grand parents or any child minder, 27 Dec 2012
This was full of explanations about child behaviour, examples of what to do or not to do, it may not be a complete answer but it has many useful hints. Foods for thought.

5.0 out of 5 stars Every parent needs one, 5 Dec 2012
Great for frustrated grandparents who often get labelled, old fashioned, out of touch, your generation etc. This just puts it into perspective and tells the grandparents that it is not them who has got it all wrong. Wisdom, life has and living has put them in touch with reality. Parents take note when you may find, much to your surpise those well meant commets are still the best researched ways to raise children.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read., 16 Oct 2012
I was looking for some guidance on my child and certain aspects of growing up. This book covers all the areas you need when you have children in the house.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good as expected, 21 Mar 2010
FG "FG" (Switzerland) - See all my reviews
I am a mother of 2 who already went through the "Toddler Taming" book of the same author. Since my older daughter is approaching her 5th birthday I decided to buy also this book. It's exactly what I was expecting: a very good book, well written with the usual good sense of humor of Dr Green. A very nice book to read and very good suggestion. I expect his suggestions to handle a 5+ will be as good and sounded as those of the "Toddler Taming".

5.0 out of 5 stars I can enjoy being a mum again, 4 Feb 2012
I have found this book such a relief. Some of those embarrising parent moments are just normal child development and happen to everyone else. To know that its ok its just a stage of development. It has not only helped me to have a greater understanding of my own children but also those with whom my children interact. It has also helped me to see my childrens difficulties differently and to relax and enjoy being a mum again. Ironically it has also given me an insight into my husband!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 11 Dec 2014
Love this book. Great that there is something for 5+ children to give parent guidance. Recommend.

Beyond Toddlerdom: Keeping five- to twelve- year-olds on the rails
Beyond Toddlerdom: Keeping five- to twelve- year-olds on the rails by Dr Christopher Green (Paperback - 2 Mar 2000)