on 10 September 2003
Absolutely brilliant book. I read this just when my partner and I were having major problems and were considering giving it all up. This book really helped me to actually understand why I was reacting to him the way I was, and why we found it so hard to get across to each other what we were trying so hard to explain, but it never seemed to come out quite right! The book is clear and well written, with very practical ideas to work on. Some great chapters each for guys and girls. This book would actually help us relate better to friends and family also.
If you are really struggling in a relationship, if you feel you don't understand each other, or you just feel like giving up, I would really recommend you have a go with this book first. It inspires you to have another go, and to give each other a second chance!
11 comment|65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 February 1998
I have frowned on this author's premise...that men and women are different biologically my whole life. Imagine my surprise to actually read this book and see myself and my recent ex on every page. I read parts of this book with him and we laughed until we cried about how totally RIGHT this book is. We have decided to give us another try utilizing some of the techniques in the book. So far...so good. A must read if you both want to make it work, but seem to be at the end of your rope. All my friends wanted a copy of this book once I talked to them about it. There are some really terrific insights into male/female behavior. And so far, I have found the advice about what we can each do to be a better partner to be right on the money. ---KMS
on 22 August 2011
This book has made me understand why men do what they and why women do what they do. it is incredible love book. it will improve your relationship. I love it!
on 24 May 2015
Good book but I had just read men are from Mars book before hand and this book is more or less the same so I feel like I purchased to books that said the same things 😔 so either get this book or men are from Mars women from Venus as they are both more or less the same book
on 17 September 2001
I have found this book immensely helpful. You will find practical advice for both men and women which will mean your relationship will never be the same after reading this. Read, learn and enjoy.
on 21 April 2012
I do think this book could have saved me a lot of trauma in my life - and possibly even my marriage.
I highly recommend it for anyone who wants to improve their relationships.
on 17 January 2015
Reading this things become clear... Still have no idea what I do wrong sometimes but the book helps lol Maybe a re read is in order....
on 14 April 2016
Once again Gray delivers an informative and insightful understanding of communication between men and women
on 12 November 2014
Has completely helped myself and my husband understand each other better!
on 13 February 2013
Good book for people that live together (either recently or for many years). It's not a mistery that men and women are different. This book explains the differences, gives advice on what to do and how to treat our other half and as a consequence have a better life together. It also helped me to understand myself better. I really liked it.