5.0 out of 5 stars One of our favorite books
I brought this book back from London to the US for my 4-year-old daughter, who rapidly decided that it was her favorite. She's now 6 and, there's still about 1/3 of the book she's not ready for yet, but we reread stories from it often and add a new one every month or so. There's no other book on her shelf we read as often--it's a gem.
Published on 1 April 2002

1.0 out of 5 stars What a let down!
Published 7 months ago by Martin G. Sexton

5.0 out of 5 stars One of our favorite books, 1 April 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: The Hutchinson Treasury of Children's Literature (Hardcover)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money, 18 Dec 2000
By A Customer
Although this book is thick and heavy this has not stopped my sons, aged two and four, from thoroughly enjoying it. We have had this book for two years now and are still discovering new stories in it. The boys have their favourite stories which they turn to straight away, but having so many stories in the same volume encourages them to try new ones as well. I would highly recommend this book, which has given our family hours of enjoyment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hutchinson Treasury of Childrens Literature, 21 Nov 2010
Not the original that I remember reading with my children 35 years ago but still packed with childrens literature that will last from toddler through to early teens.
Still the same nostalgic illustrations, most of the old favourite Nursery Rhymes and Fairy Stories plus more modern literature which will appeal to todays children. This book makes a great gift for birthday, Christmas or Christening. An excellent publication at an amazing price.

5.0 out of 5 stars A real family favourite, 20 Mar 2010
This book has grown with my family. Lots of stories with pictures for younger kids and excerpts from classic booksfor older ones. All my three children have loved this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 28 Nov 2011
Well displayed classical stories with lovely illustrations, an excellent start for a young person. Just right to sit down and read to them.

1.0 out of 5 stars What a let down!, 25 Dec 2013
Martin G. Sexton (Norwich UK) - See all my reviews
We ordered this book as a Christening present, needed by a specific date. When the order was confirmed the date was outside our required delivery period. It did, however, arrive in time and we were excited until we opened the package to discover that the brand new book was, in fact second hand with a handwritten dedication to the prior owner on the cover page. To add insult to injury the cover price of the book was 19.50p and we had just paid 43.50p for it!
Needless to say we contacted your supplier and the only good thing to come out of this was the fact that the employee of your supplier was very efficient and we had our refund credited to our credit card within two weeks.
But we would rather have received the book as we had ordered it.
Cannot comment on the book itself because we sent it back; however it did seem to be just what we had wanted.

5.0 out of 5 stars Reading, 29 Sep 2013
There are many stories in here which I have used to share with my class and use for focus literacy lessons. The children learn about different authors and stories written in different ways.

5.0 out of 5 stars A family favourite, 1 May 2013
I used to read this with my young nephew when I babysat for him as a university student. He is off at university himself now and I share it with my young children. It is a shame it appears to be out of print.

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 1 Aug 2014
Not as described it wasn't Good but very BAD condition

The Hutchinson Treasury of Children's Literature
The Hutchinson Treasury of Children's Literature by Quentin Blake (Hardcover - 6 Nov 1995)
Used & New from: 0.01