Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now

on 25 April 2016
For a period around the 1970s and 80s there was an irritating custom of publishers with show biz biographies,to split them into more than one volume.In some cases it backfired,such as with Douglas Fairbanks jnr,where only the first volume up to 1940 was ever published.One of the other problems of this practise are evident in this book.Namely the need to expand the book beyond its natural length.Indeed the last chapter is headed "Here Endeth The Second Volume".So maybe a third volume was envisaged.If it had been it would have had to cover the most tragic period of his life.One were two of his sons committed suicide by shooting themselves ,and his divorce from his second wife.this because she did not see him often enough.There is far too much inconsequential waffle in this book.Varying from his plumbing to his farming and his business affairs.I would add that he comes across as a rather gruff person,not that likeable.When his screen career ended in the 1960s,as a major star,he seems to have had rather a hard time making his reduced income fit his expanding expenditure.
on 9 January 2010
This was purchased as a gift for my wife who was very appraciative of it and has thoroughly enjoyed reading it. It is regretable that I am unable to obtain the first volume of Richard Todd's autobiography, "Caught in the Act" for a sensible price but that's life. A good buy.
on 8 March 2014
A super book by a very very charismatic man. An interesting life of a star who kept going in spite of falling out of favour as a leading man in films but whose niceness and popularity kept him in the forefront right to the end.
on 4 December 2012
To the previous reviewer: I have the same problem with "In Camera." I have "Caught in the Act." I'd be willing to swap by mail. Crazy idea? Maybe. When we're done we return our books to each other. Richard Todd was one of my favorites: grew up with him as Robin and Rob Roy. Your thoughts. I'm in Illinois, USA. Thanks.
on 13 September 2015
Great autobiography of a favorite actor. Condition of used book excellent, even better than expected.
on 29 November 2015
Everything was fine was exactly as described thanks again