2.0 out of 5 stars very out dated and limited, 13 Mar 2002
Lisa Bowers (romford, essex United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Key to the Tarot (Paperback)
I found this book to be very limited. There was no more valuable information in this book than any little white book you will get with a deck. I was very disappointed with it and wouldnt recommend anyone buy it unless they specifically want to see what Waite thought each card should mean. This book is little more than a list of words to associate with each card and will not do much more than confuse you.

1.0 out of 5 stars Book not useful - his cards are a must.(by A.E.Waite), 14 Mar 2012
This review is from: The Key to the Tarot (Paperback)
There is an error on my screen that suggests Liz Green wrote the book or the foreward. Neither is the case. This is solely an A.E.Waite book ref. the image.

Here is an example of the fact that we cannot be master of all "trades".

Waite was clearly a master of symbolism (right brain) and, after 30 years, I continually use his Tarot Cards, despite having other versions.They contain an enormous depth. Being now retired I am studying them in more detail and making fresh discoveries.

I find this book useless apart from information about what the various contained symbols depict. At best it is rambling and incoherent(left brain), at worst it is misleading. There is a suggestion that he deliberately "veiled" his secrets. I think he was just a poor analyst.

The Key to the Tarot
The Key to the Tarot by Arthur Edward Waite (Paperback - May 1982)
Used & New from: 0.01