1 Review

4.0 out of 5 stars Good All Round Introduction but Needs Tidying Up, 19 Feb. 2012
J. J. Carroll (Ireland) - See all my reviews
I studied general engineering for two years as part of my degree (then specialised in computers for the following two years) so I am a technical person with a solid understanding of general engineering principles. However, I don't have a thorough knowledge of power generation, which is why this book piqued my interest.

For me, this book was written at exactly the right level. Non-technical people will struggle with it, while those with a background in power generation will be bored. It covers power generation at many scales, from using flywheels to store energy right up to coal and nuclear plants.

My largest criticism of this book is that it needs a lot of tidying up. The chapters seem a little out of order and there are significant numbers of typos. The overall feeling is that this book was written as a past-time and published on a low budget. Had it not been for this rather ragged nature, I would have been happy to give this book 4 stars.

Overall, though, if you are interested in power generation and would like to be able to take part in pub arguments about the future of power generation, then this book does the job.

Power Generation Technologies
Power Generation Technologies by Paul Breeze (Paperback - 6 Aug. 2014)