Format: Paperback|Change

on 16 February 2014
I am not a trained mechanic (or technician as some prefer to be called). I have always done my own maintenance and repairs and bought this book to give me some more background knowledge. The book is aimed at students attending maintenance and repair courses. It will also be useful for seasoned pros who want to update their diagnostic knowledge.
I have had no formal training, so parts of it are quite technical for a DIY mechanic. I am reading a few pages a day and hope that most of it will sink in. I have just bought an oscilloscope, so the example waveforms in the book are interesting. The diagnostic flowcharts are useful. This book will not be left on the bookshelf. It will be one of my first references when i have a problem with the car.
on 28 March 2014
A very knowledgable author

Great book to have to hand, i have all of his books and refer to them alot.
on 8 October 2012
one of the best books available a must for any mechanic or any one into doing there own maintenance covers just about every thing on a car there is a section on every thing from engine,transmission,brakes,electrics,etc, etc, etc
on 11 December 2015
This is the book I've been searching for for 3 years! I have books dedicated to chassis systems, engines and electrics, and now, in one book, I have a go to for all sorts of faults for all systems! Straight forward symptoms and causes, which is already helping build my automotive investigative mind. As a third year automotive student, I don't have enough experience to always know what could cause certain faults, so this book is an absolute must for me and anyone else wanting to know what to look for when vehicles start to fail.
on 19 January 2015
Fantastic book im currently studying level 3 and this book just helped me pass my first exam on engines, covers all the things you need to pass.
on 4 March 2013
My husband required for college, and found it very useful. Still refers back to when needed for employment- always learning!
on 7 February 2013
good book, and arrived well in time. this will be a great help for my son who is taking a college course on motor vehicle maintenance.
on 15 February 2014
Excelent well written book that covers the latest technologes in motor vehicle electronics covering fuel injection and can-bus systems and general fault finding.
on 8 April 2013
Great Bookand good and clear Concise quality Product I will be looking out for more by this guy in the future
for definate. well done!
on 23 February 2013
my son loves this and use this all time for this collage work and doing up his car and his mates