5.0 out of 5 stars A Manager's Guide to Self Development.
One of the key things I liked about this book is that it encourages managers to take responsibility for their own development. It is not prescriptive (do it like this) but makes suggestions that can be adapted to a person's particular circumstances (here is something that we found worked elsewhere, give it a go and see what happens).

I also liked that this book...
Published 13 months ago by Ailsa

1.0 out of 5 stars Wasn't what I thought it was, and not very impressive
Wasn't what I thought it was, and not very impressive when I read it. Not worth the £2.99 I paid
Published 8 months ago by kjfoster

5.0 out of 5 stars A Manager's Guide to Self Development., 5 Sep 2013
This review is from: A Manager's Guide to Self Development (Paperback)

I also liked that this book is very readable. It is constructed in a way that makes it easy to find what you want, couched in easily accessible terminology, and fits models and concepts into real-life scenarios, addressing the reader as an individual.

There are 4 elements to the book. Firstly a short section telling you how the book works, and how to find your way around it. Secondly, a section giving guidelines on how to formulate a workable development plan. Thirdly a section with some excellent activities, all of which are explained in terms of their benefits and outcomes. There is a useful table to help you choose activities appropriate to your need, and all are designed to be completed within a relatively short space of time, acknowledging that managers are busy people. The final section is targeted at trainers, so if you wish to incorporate some of the exercises into development programmes, this section will help you do that.

This book will be an asset to me as an individual manager as well as a designer of management training courses. Wish I'd known about it ages ago!!

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 15 Jun 2014
R. Castle "Ros" (Staffs) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Manager's Guide to Self Development (Paperback)
great thought provoking book. Arrived in good condition as expected. Just have to do lots of reading and work now.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 30 Sep 2014
The book and full set are great sources. Use all the time

1.0 out of 5 stars Wasn't what I thought it was, and not very impressive, 27 Jan 2014

A Manager's Guide to Self Development
A Manager's Guide to Self Development by Tom Boydell (Paperback - 1 Aug 2013)