Format: Paperback|Change

on 13 December 2014
This is a brilliant book! It explains how you should approach a job interview and how to answer questions without saying too much or too little. I bought this book after a series of failed job interviews which left me pondering what was I doing wrong? I had all my answers drafted long ago, but after reading this book I redrafted them all. And guess what? - I got the first job I applied for! Even if you get a question which is not included in the book (which happened to me), you will know how to come up with an acceptable answer on the spot. Highly recommend!
on 6 November 2014
A really good book on job interviews - very informative and relevant to the subject. Just wondering now, how come I am only chancing on it now. Good stuff. I also recommend one titled “100 Job Interview Success” – small and handy book

on 6 November 2012
John Lees Job Interviews book contains excellent top tips for preparing and making the right impact and impression in interviews. It also contains practical activites to ensure you have a robust interview strategy and are aware of the many factors that are at play during an interview.
on 11 February 2015
This book is great for any one being interviewed. I felt much more prepared after reading this book and the interview was actually quite enjoyable in the end. would recommend to anyone!
on 23 March 2014
really useful book, some examples of answers are a bit off though, i have bought you're hired as well as this one and together they're perfect.
on 11 October 2012
I've used and recommended John Lees' books as key resources for my clients who are looking to change jobs or are in the position of job hunting following organisational change.

This 2012 edition of "Job interviews - top answers to tough questions" is a timely and focussed update from the previous jointly authored version. The additional 24 questions help focus on what can make the difference that makes the difference in today's much more competitive market. Most important is its readability and no-nonsense approach.

For consultants many of the questions are a helpful skim read when pitching for work. Chapter 10 on "Revealing your edge" is, for me the most helpful as a means of enhancing their presentation and providing more focussed answers.

So another great book and at very competitive price!
on 6 November 2014
very useful in assisting individual to formulat answers relating to ones experiences
on 12 August 2012
John Lees gets us backstage on the job interview process, thinking about it as a framework for a good conversation.

I read it two days before my interview and it did the trick. Before reading it I was casting about and a bit anxious; after I was focussed and even started to look forward to the interview.

I would recommend allowing more than two days to spare if you can if only to do justice to the helpful exercises that encourage the reader to reflect on what they really want to get out of their working life.

In a word - brilliant!
on 10 February 2015
Superb and helpful. John Lees is realy star author in this area
on 31 March 2013
Got this book 1 week before my interview and glad I did. I read the whole thing through then went over the bits that I knew would come up (competency questions) and 25 questions that you should read if your interview is tomorrow. I went into the interview full of confidence and actually enjoyed the experience. Everything they asked me is in this book so I would recommend to everyone, and I got the job so money well spent.