Format: Paperback|Change

on 15 February 2013
The book is subdivided into logic chapters, building up your knowledge as you progress trhough the book. Whenever I looked up sth out of context, the authors referred to the chapters of previously introduced ideas that I would need to be familiar with to understand a particular part. The maths sections might look scary at first but are very very easy to understand, the key ideas being highlited and put into words again, making revision easier.
I also found the end of chapter summaries and the real-life examples interesting and helpful.
All in all it's a good read and I enjoy flipping through the pages and reading up things just for fun, as the authors don't use difficult language at all.

I would recommend though, to also buy maths for economics, as that book is very similarly structured, building up knowledge from easy to more difficult (still very basic) stuff. It conveys the mathematic principles behind economic ideas a lot better and in much more detail than the economics book (but that would be expected..).

According to my lecturer it really doesn't matter which version you buy, but from all those available in our library I like this one the most, due to its brightly coloured make up. The contents however, are pretty much the same.
on 2 November 2013
I bought this book for my 1st year subject "Introduction to Economics". It is the core book for the subject. The first 4/5 chapters of the book didn't provide me with further knowledge then the one I had from my IB experience. However, this is due to the fact that not all undergraduates have done economics before. Regardless I was quite disappointed with the book mainly for the way it explains things. I do like when someone gives me the abstract concepts first and then provides me with examples. This book mixes the concepts or the theory with examples all the time, which some people may like but I don't. Another disappointment were the diagrams. Diagrams in Economics tend to have a lot of functions and when you first see them is quite confusing. However, if you see how the diagram was built it results much easier for you to understand. But this book just throws you the "final diagram" with a good explanation. This is ok but it is very complicated some times to be reading and following the explanation with the diagram because of the so many function in it. Certainly several diagram will make it easier for the reader to follow the economical changes that being explained. On the other hand the book provides you with key concepts definitions, which are highlighted in red boxes (I find it useful) and the diagrams are very colorful.
on 4 January 2015
Good book, good quality, got here in time and great price
on 28 June 2014
A great addition to principles course in Economics.
on 23 October 2014
It is just as good as a new one!
on 30 October 2015
Many thanks! It is very good!!!
on 29 October 2015
useful course book
on 17 March 2013
I like this product because it's really clear in explaining, so if you want or have to study economics i reccomend you this book.
on 27 February 2013
Needed this to help with my studying and it is very informative and has taught me a lot already! Very happy!
on 2 April 2013
The book is arrived on time and like new, as the description claimed. Everything ok. . . . . .