5.0 out of 5 stars very helpful, good and interesting read

3.0 out of 5 stars Economic Undergraduate Student Review
Published 10 months ago by Fernando Semprun

5.0 out of 5 stars very helpful, good and interesting read, 15 Feb 2013
This review is from: Economics (Paperback)
The book is subdivided into logic chapters, building up your knowledge as you progress trhough the book. Whenever I looked up sth out of context, the authors referred to the chapters of previously introduced ideas that I would need to be familiar with to understand a particular part. The maths sections might look scary at first but are very very easy to understand, the key ideas being highlited and put into words again, making revision easier.
I also found the end of chapter summaries and the real-life examples interesting and helpful.
All in all it's a good read and I enjoy flipping through the pages and reading up things just for fun, as the authors don't use difficult language at all.

I would recommend though, to also buy maths for economics, as that book is very similarly structured, building up knowledge from easy to more difficult (still very basic) stuff. It conveys the mathematic principles behind economic ideas a lot better and in much more detail than the economics book (but that would be expected..).

According to my lecturer it really doesn't matter which version you buy, but from all those available in our library I like this one the most, due to its brightly coloured make up. The contents however, are pretty much the same.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 28 Jun 2014
S. R. Khan (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Economics (Paperback)
A great addition to principles course in Economics.

3.0 out of 5 stars Economic Undergraduate Student Review, 2 Nov 2013
This review is from: Economics (Paperback)
I bought this book for my 1st year subject "Introduction to Economics". It is the core book for the subject. The first 4/5 chapters of the book didn't provide me with further knowledge then the one I had from my IB experience. However, this is due to the fact that not all undergraduates have done economics before. Regardless I was quite disappointed with the book mainly for the way it explains things. I do like when someone gives me the abstract concepts first and then provides me with examples. This book mixes the concepts or the theory with examples all the time, which some people may like but I don't. Another disappointment were the diagrams. Diagrams in Economics tend to have a lot of functions and when you first see them is quite confusing. However, if you see how the diagram was built it results much easier for you to understand. But this book just throws you the "final diagram" with a good explanation. This is ok but it is very complicated some times to be reading and following the explanation with the diagram because of the so many function in it. Certainly several diagram will make it easier for the reader to follow the economical changes that being explained. On the other hand the book provides you with key concepts definitions, which are highlighted in red boxes (I find it useful) and the diagrams are very colorful.

5.0 out of 5 stars new and puntual, 17 Mar 2013
This review is from: Economics (Paperback)
I like this product because it's really clear in explaining, so if you want or have to study economics i reccomend you this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!, 27 Feb 2013
This review is from: Economics (Paperback)
Needed this to help with my studying and it is very informative and has taught me a lot already! Very happy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 2 April 2013
This review is from: Economics (Paperback)
The book is arrived on time and like new, as the description claimed. Everything ok. . . . . .

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect conditions, 9 April 2013
This review is from: Economics (Paperback)
The book is in perfect conditions and the product arrived even earlier than expected. And the price was optimum, so I'm very satisfied!

5.0 out of 5 stars economics review, 3 Nov 2012
This review is from: Economics (Paperback)
the book is in very good condition. it is almost 100% new, though i bought it for second hand. i'm very satisfied with the product quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Quality, 28 Jun 2012
This review is from: Economics (Paperback)
As captioned, totally exceeds my expectation. The description is "Almost New" but I think the book I received is actually "flawless new". Very nice.

Economics
Economics by Gianluigi Vernasca (Paperback - 1 Jan 2011)
Used & New from: 15.25