5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Book for Economics Students
This book really helped me in my second year of Economics at university, brillaint price. Easy to understand once you have read the chapter, really helped develop my knowledge!
Published 9 months ago by Harry Wardle

1.0 out of 5 stars A bad book in Intermediate Microeconomics
This book looks OK at first glance but when you work with it you find it is a shambles. There is far too much waffle and too many really bad explanations.

Published on 10 May 2011 by Carl

1.0 out of 5 stars A bad book in Intermediate Microeconomics, 10 May 2011
This review is from: Microeconomics (Paperback)

The mathematics is far too little to cover the typical calculations associated with each topic. It pretends to be on the intermediate level but lacks the maths. The book is primarily graph and text based, with two little maths appendices. Also, many of the little examples of calculations are either irrelevant or inappropriate to the kind of calculations needed at this level.

We also listed over 5 A4 pages of errors in vital places; in formulas, in graphs, and in the text. Which makes reading the book a minefield. Eventually you realise you cannot believe a thing that is in the book. The heavy uncertainty makes it very difficult to learn anything from it. How can you learn anything you can't trust?

The list of errors was sent to the publisher two editions back, and it only changed about 10% of them, which is disgraceful. That told us that the publisher cannot be bothered. Also, new errors came with this edition!! That told us that either the authors are not themselves using the book any more, or they don't care about the errors either.

A teacher has to put in an enormous amount of work correcting the errors and above all to provide the real maths which corresponds to the topics but which is absent from the book.

The only thing that was really OK was the little stories now and then from real-life situations. However, although they were appropriately selected they weren't that many and the main purpose of the book, after all, is to explain microeconomics.

A big warning to anyone, student or teacher, thinking of using this book. It should not be on the market.

1.0 out of 5 stars too many mistakes, 10 Nov 2012
This review is from: Microeconomics (Paperback)
Other reviewers have said as much. I wouldn't have bought this book unless I had to and I've found it full of problems and mistakes. Dreadful and expensive.

1.0 out of 5 stars complete rubbish, 15 Jan 2012
This review is from: Microeconomics (Paperback)
So I am currently studying at university with Wyn Morgan as my lecturer. I was forced to buy this book as he stated that it was integral to our course.
He was right as there are things in this book which he doesn't teach us, yet appear in the exam. However they seem to defy general economics.

There are countless errors in this book! And even though it focuses heavily on application, I feel like it simultaneously neglects general economic theory. I would definitely stay away from it! The biggest waste of 40, especially for a student with a baby on the way. No doubt the worst book I have ever read and i am looking forward to guy fawkes night when we are in need of material to fuel our bonfire. Terrible book.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 1 Feb 2012
This review is from: Microeconomics (Paperback)
I wouldn't even give a star to this book if I'm alllowed to. The only reason I read this book because he is our lecturer and some of his examination questions are extracted from this ill written book. To give a useful review, I would compare this to the well renowned microeconomic text by HR Varian which I read for my main text.

1.) Morgan's text was long and whiney, with virtually no mathematical proofs to the essential topics.
2.) As it was long and whiney, it's infested with so many errors and confusions - at some point, my tutor would disregard it and told us it would not likely to come out in examinations.

Thus, i would strongly recommend you to stay away from this book unless your lecturer is W. Morgan. The only reason I read his book because I wanted to, at very least, adhere to his teachings and to be able to answer his rather peculiar examination questions (which solely based on 2 pieces of essays). Otherwise, read Varian.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Book for Economics Students, 28 Nov 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Good textbook, 3 Nov 2009
This review is from: Microeconomics (Paperback)
This textbook is really good for intermediate Microeconomics. It gives good examples and great intuition to microeconomic problems. It applies mircoeconomics to a lot of European real life problems. It would have been nice if the book had more worked examples.

1.0 out of 5 stars The worst textbook you'll ever buy., 13 May 2012
This review is from: Microeconomics (Paperback)
Let me start by apologizing for giving it one star more than what it really deserves. The only reason I bought the book was because the author was my lecturer and I felt that I had to buy it, as I was an inexperienced fresher.

It is boring, confusing, full of errors and the absence of maths is staggering for a university textbook on microeconomics. At the end I only revised his lecture notes and got a first in the module. It is certainly not needed.

Do yourself a favour and buy either Intermediate Microeconomics: A Modern Approach by Varian or Microeconomic Theory: Basic Principles and Extensions by Nicholson and Snyder or Intermediate Microeconomics again by Nicholson and Snyder but less mathematical than the first and with more real life applications.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 16 Aug 2014
This review is from: Microeconomics (Paperback)
Great purchase, quick delivery.

5.0 out of 5 stars easy to read and understand, 17 Oct 2011
This review is from: Microeconomics (Paperback)
The book is much easier to read than most textbooks in Economics I had the opportunity to come across. All of the most important points usually have real-life examples that point out that it's not just about theory, and all that is read can be applied. I also like the style of writing, using almost a "for dummies" approach which suits me really nice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good new book, 15 Oct 2011
This review is from: Microeconomics (Paperback)
As told, the book was brand new, it looks fine, no scratches or other damages.
Was great to receive it fast.

Microeconomics
Microeconomics by Harvey S Rosen (Paperback - 1 Mar 2009)
43.78