on 9 September 2007
Arm yourself with other well-known books, like Pressman's Software Engineering, and ofc, The Unified Modelling Language User Guide by Booch Jacobson Rumbaugh.

If you just have this book at hand, you'd likely be lost in the words. Many explanations actually can be shortened without over-crowded analogy. Refer to main books if you think you're lost.

The two case studies are definitely good. I can position myself as one of the analyst/designer. Real user experience (you know sometimes how we - software engineers - think to educate user). Believe it or not, the latest version of Pressman's Software Engineering book also includes conversation box to explain things.

Good though, but really, shouldn't be that expensive (Same price as each of the two main books mentioned above). Surprisingly, Amazon always has this in stock. The last time I went to Foyle Charring-Cross, I also saw them stocking 4-5 books on the rack. Well, what do I know...?
on 8 January 2008
Not recommended! Tedious and boring its barely readable. Its a shame because there is a lot of content here that would have been useful. It is also a bit amateurish, it seems like three university lecturers got together and decided to write a good course book but without any real knack or flair for the subject.
on 3 October 2012
Hi,

The binding of the book is not good and the pages are started coming out even when I started reading the first time. I managed to stick it back all the pages which took couple of days for me to actually start reading the book.
on 17 February 2013
I bought this book for the module I am enrolled called Information System Concepts and the stuff we are learning is explained in the book very well as well as there is an internet link for this book where you got also online tests for each chapter, plus the answers for the test is also provided in that link and it's free of charge.
on 28 December 2013
This book was one of a list of recommended reading books whilst on my degree. I read the entire book and enjoyed it thoroughly. It really helped me to understand the complexities of designing an object oriented system. Very good read.
on 4 October 2010
Was beginning to think I would never get my head round this subject.
Must say that things are more clearer now that I started reading this........
on 24 October 2014
Excellent product delivered really fast.
on 24 October 2015