5.0 out of 5 stars Cissp certification all in one exam guide
Published on 1 Jun. 2004 by Clair Aghassipour

3.0 out of 5 stars Use it for reference
Published on 28 July 2008 by G. J. Harewood

5.0 out of 5 stars Cissp certification all in one exam guide, 1 Jun. 2004
12 colleagues and I were doing the CISSP simulataneously. Between us 4 different books were ordered. I tried them all, and the difference between this one and the rest is indescribable. On numerous occassions someone would walk in pulling their out having tried to understand a topic in their book. "Can I please see your Shon Harris?" would inevitably come my way, followed by "oh right. Now I see." The CISSP subject matter is vast and it takes an amazing person to provide sufficient, well structured, well summarised, background information about a subject before delving into the security content relating to it -and then describing that in such a logical and easily understandable way. Thank you Shon. I wish you'd write more stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars Surefire winner to pass your CISSP exam, 9 April 2006
C. Norris "the ancient mariner" (bucks, uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: CISSP All-in-One Exam Guide (All-in-one S.) (Hardcover)
I've just passed my CISSP exam and this book was the main source of my study. I read it twice in a period of two months, and you'll need to as there is so much information to take in. Shon Harris' style is informative with diagrams and even a touch of humor to keep your interest in some of the more heavy going areas. This differs from the official guide which is an enormous block of text. The text in the All-in-One Exam Guide is well laid out and easy on the eyes which is great on those inevitable late evenings revising. Take note of the tips and make sure you load the free CD as it is well worth the exam practice. Good Luck for your exam.

5.0 out of 5 stars Did the job admirably, 1 Nov. 2004
Jonathan Oakey (Brussels Belgium) - See all my reviews
I passed the CISSP exam recently and this book was my principal source of information. Of the 10 domains in the exam, there were a few that I had no experience in, and this book filled the gaps well. It is quite readable (although some of her attempts at humour fall rather flat) and much more comprehensive that the other book I read. The tests at the end of each chapter and on the CD are useful too.
The web references can be useful although some of them are out of date. I found that they were not really necessary, though - this book covered almost everything in the exam.

5.0 out of 5 stars CISSP Certification All-in-One Exam Guide, 2nd Edition, 2 Sept. 2004
A. Taebi "Aaron Taebi" (California) - See all my reviews
Through out my career in Information and Security I have done fair number of professional exams and certifications. However I have never found such consistent detailed and concise coverage of topics across the vast area of knowledge that is CISSP as is done in this book. Shon this is a job well done.

3.0 out of 5 stars Use it for reference, 28 July 2008
Look, everyone says that this is the best book in the world. It's not. It quite comprehensive, but that is partly at the cost of Shon repeating herself over and over again. Some people find that to be a useful learning technique. I don't. It did my head in. I needed to pass CISSP in a week, and I did with "CISSP for Dummies" which is a much easier read that doesn't cause you to want to go to the fridge for a beer, go to the coffee machine or just go outside and shoot yourself every five minutes.

Note that Shon Harris in with all this does not quite hit the nail on the head. You would imagine from this book that the correct answer to any question is always the paranoid one, and that you simply have to learn it all by rote. That's not quite true. Refreshingly, when you get into the ISC2 exam room, you find that the questions are actually written intelligently and that if you actually understand the material, you can fill in the gaps with your brain. Be sure that you understand the material, rather than just mind-numbingly remembering this one book. Breadth is good.

You DO need this book - or one of the later editions. But only use it for reference, in conjunction with the included trial exams. Do your basic learning with something readable.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good reference point - but not the answer!, 31 Dec. 2008
D. Wilkey (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: CISSP All-in-One Exam Guide (All-in-one S.) (Hardcover)
If you're reading this review, you're probably about to study for CISSP. (or you're insomniac!). If you _are_ studying for CISSP, this, or frankly any, of the large tomes on CISSP will help. They _won't_ cover all the bases, and they probably won't accomodate your individual learning style.
My approach to the exam was:
1 - read the 'whole' subject area (CISSP for Dummies is a good starting point)
2 - do exam test questions (both Shon and the Dummies book have these)
3 - detailed study (for which Shon is fine)

wrt Shon's book itself - the detail is good, but the humour grates a little after a while, and whilst the depth of knowledge is good, it doesn't always explain _why_ something is important.

The reason why this review doesn't just focus on the Shon book is because 1 book _won't_ get you through the exam.... you _will_ need practical experience (or equivalent knowledge) to 'join the dots'.
oh, and good luck!

5.0 out of 5 stars A technical book that doesn't read like one, 24 Jan. 2002
By A Customer
A technical book that doesn't read like one - gives you the information in a way that is easy to digest and remember - great preparation for CISSP.
Does repeat itself a bit, but so do topics across CISSP. (a few typos)
Clear diagrams and down to earth examples throughout.
Each section has URLS to further information - ideal for further study.
Useful to get you into the subject and use as reference - or as a primer then move to the heavy stuff, such as Tipton & RSA, for greater depth.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best CISSP Preparation Material, 16 Oct. 2007
Edmond Tan (Malaysia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: CISSP All-in-One Exam Guide (All-in-one S.) (Hardcover)
2 colleagues and myself attended a CISSP CBK preparation course conducted by K.Henry from ISC2, it was excellent training by Kevin. After that, we had the ISC2 preparation guide (by K.Henry too) and Shon's All-In-One. We also went through Dr.Krutz's prep exam questions. I feel this is an excellent combination. Shon's book is very informative and readable. No unnecessary jokes like "the Dummy" series yet the presentation is lively enough. ISC2 official guide gave a good review of the syllabus and useful questions after every chapter. All 3 of us passed the exam at first trial after 1 month of preparation, the feeling is just too good! A BIG Thank you to Shon and Kevin!

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 10 Jun. 2006
This review is from: CISSP All-in-One Exam Guide (All-in-one S.) (Hardcover)
Very good book, concise and easy to read and understand. Does a good job of filling in the gaps for any of the domains you don't have experience in.

5.0 out of 5 stars Would Recommend.., 11 Jan. 2015
This review is from: CISSP All-in-One Exam Guide (All-in-one S.) (Hardcover)
Top Seller... Item As Described... Fast Delivery... Would Recommend... Does What It Says On The Tin!!!! A+++++

CISSP All-in-One Exam Guide (All-in-one S.)
CISSP All-in-One Exam Guide (All-in-one S.) by Shon Harris (Hardcover - 15 Sept. 2005)
Used & New from: £1.62