4.0 out of 5 stars decent, easy to understand, worth it.
all you've got to remember is section 7's exam questions are missing one answer, so question 2 is answered by answer 1, 3 by 2, etc.
other than that it's perfect.
passed my 70-229 exam at 753, hard exam and complemented it with trandumper tests, but i passed it.
personally for me it's the hardest exam i've ever taken, and unlike...
Published on 21 Jan 2006

1.0 out of 5 stars A pitiful attempt at covering material relevant to the exam
I foolishly ignored the poor rating for this book I found elsewhere and bought it anyway. Having failed the exam in the last two hours, I still feel that even if I were allowed to take the book into the exam, I'd have fallen short of the 755 I needed to pass.
Published on 12 Oct 2001 by Paul Hartley (cottroad@hotmail...

1.0 out of 5 stars A pitiful attempt at covering material relevant to the exam, 12 Oct 2001
This review is from: MCDBA Administering SQL Server 2000 Study Guide (Exam 70-228) (Certification Press) (Hardcover)
The exam had question after question that referred to things not touched on in the text, specifically on complex transact SQL statements, something which is greatly lacking in the text. Time after time, the exam made me think that the book I'd been reading was the "Playschool book of SQL", not one to prepare me for an MCP exam.
The book's cover boasts 100% coverage, it falls way short of that. Please save your money and choose something else. If I could give it less than one star, I would.

1.0 out of 5 stars A waste of time and money, 15 Nov 2001
By A Customer
A pity there wasn't a review when I bought this book. Half way through, and I threw it away in disgust. Not only did I feel that I wasn't able to pass the topics I had read, I had trouble finding the information that formed the basis of the review questions at the end of each chapter.

4.0 out of 5 stars decent, easy to understand, worth it., 21 Jan 2006
By A Customer
other than that it's perfect.
personally for me it's the hardest exam i've ever taken, and unlike they say, the exam will focus on XML and Replication so watch out!.

Used & New from: £3.90