Format: PaperbackChange

Excellent book, I'm using it to teach my son programming on the Raspberry PI. Its a great intro to python programming on any platform, nut is bent towards the PI's unique features such as programming the GPIO. thoroughly recommended.
on 13 March 2013
The general programming elements are interesting and useful. But the first 20% of the book (as measured by the Kindle) are concerned with describing and setting up the Pi, which I thought wasteful in a short book and unnecessary given the ready availability of this on the Net.
on 10 May 2013
A good read for anyone planning a project using raspberry pi, as it builds up layers of python software from a basic starters to more advance
on 17 August 2013
I first got intersted in computers a few years ago, well 1980 actually. I bought a Sinclair ZX80 and 81 and I was hooked. This new product looks very interesting and at 66 years old quite a challenge.....
on 23 April 2013
This book is just about pitched right for those wanting to venture out from the basics. Nice and straight forward explanations and with lots of diagrams and pictures and copious amounts of code.
on 31 October 2014
This book explains a lot about Raspberry Pi. Very clear, very precise. If like me you like the style of a well written text book this is an excellent book. The sort of book that can be used for reference.
Moreover it gives information on the hardware as well. Wish I had bought the book earlier and before grandson arrived,
on 6 March 2015
I found this book an interesting and amusing read. It is written in such a way as to be interesting and educating at the same time. It told me all I wanted to know to start from nothing. (My last programming experience was DOS!!)

I found myself smiling at times as the read is easy on the brain, a relaxed style. I also found it a time waster as I got so involved that I had read to the end when I should have been in bed!!

Going through it the second time using the Pi at the same time made everything fall into place. I would recommend it to any person new to the Pi.
on 27 June 2015
The best and easiest way to enter the Raspberry World in a few days. You don't have any IT experience/knowledge? This book is for you, as it explains things in a non-expert way. You are an experienced developer or electrical engineer? You'll go through it in about 1 hour and then be fully able to use and develop new applications.
on 15 December 2012
This book is brilliant. If you are a relative novice to programming like me, it takes you right from the basic "hello world" app, right up to reasonably complex programs which involve the use of the Pi's GPIO ports. And if you are already a master programmer it still has alot to give, with information involving the specifics of the Pi and what extra software needs installing (All with links etc) so that you can create a masterpiece in next to no time.
0Comment17 of 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 April 2015
Not a bad book, however one or two subjects are quickly glanced over; a little more detail would have made it a far better read. As ever the author is telling you practice makes you better; I can't disagree with this at all.