5.0 out of 5 stars Use social media effectively
I own a local professional service and have a FB page which has very little interaction from my fans. I wanted to find out how to use my page effectively for my business and in the past few months I have read many books on social media but none of them has helped me so far. Sure, all the authors advocate having a Facebook page and go on about how, if you don't have a FB...
Published on 28 Dec 2011 by M Tsun

2.0 out of 5 stars Likeable Social Media
At 260 pages this is not a short book - but it could be. One piece of advice was repeated at least 20 times. As a beginner or newbie to Facebook I expected help on HOW to set up my pages - boy was I wrong on that. The reviews for this book looked so good but I was very disappointed. It's an OK book but full of self hype. Everything it has to offer could have been...
Published 21 months ago by Zipdorf

5.0 out of 5 stars My thoughts on Likeable Social Media, 16 Feb 2012
This review is from: Likeable Social Media: How to Delight Your Customers, Create an Irresistible Brand, and Be Generally Amazing on Facebook (& Other Social Networks) (Paperback)
My boss knows I'm interested in Social Media (in the nicest possible way, my being interested means he doesn't have to learn how to use it, but can ask me what's going on) and so he bought me Likeable Social Media for Christmas. I work in local Government in the UK, so there is a fair bit in the book that, at first glance doesn't seem relevant. However, in these austere times, we (Public Sector) perhaps need to understand that we're providing services and we have consumers, even if they're not always paying for those services at the point of delivery. There's a lot of learning in this book. I look forward to Dave's 3rd book, which he says will be about government and social. One last thing. In the book, he says tweet or FB me with comments. I did and he commented right back very promptly, which is how I found out about the 3rd book.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rip off, 6 July 2014
G. Christophorou "georgey" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Rip off. Cashing in on the popularity of facebook. Absolutely useless book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A highly convincing read!, 18 Jan 2013
What could I possibly add to the over 20 positive reviews of this book?

Let me mention one thing: while still reading it, I felt the urge to immediately add buttons for Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter on my ExploringGeopolitics website. What more can I say?

Therefore, a highly convincing (and recommendable) read!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read, 9 Jan 2013
This is a great book. It gives valuable insight into how to use social media effectively, how to make a great impression and to stand out for the right reasons.

I like the real life examples that illustrate the points covered so you get to see how a strategy has been implemented and the results. I found it full of practical advice and the end of chapter action points to implement as you go are useful.

The book is written in an easy to read style with the information chunked into sections within chapters so you can revisit key parts. This is not a read once and set aside book - I'll be keeping it on hand to dip into when I need a bit of inspiration.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thumbs up for likeable social media, 7 Jan 2013
I found Likeable social media by Dave Kerpen a great read. Dave himself comes across as a very likeable guy and explains the process of marketing your company through facebook etc in a very easy to read and informative way.
Would recommend this book for those who are looking for the right direction in which to push their social media marketing.

3.0 out of 5 stars Reasonable account of Facebook do's and don'ts, 14 May 2013
I find it good for a newbie and I have certainly learned something even if I read it to help some friends and relatives with their small online businesses. It's all common sense (with a couple of things I didn't know about advertising), but the good thing is that is synthesised and gathered together for you.