Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Shop now Shop now Shop now

on 3 November 2011
Alot of the information in this book is stuff which you would think is common sense - but only after you've read it! Trying to use traditional marketing techniques in the new social media world is a mistake almost every company seems to make and this book gives you the knowledge and skills to set your business apart and become likeable! A brilliant book.
on 15 August 2013
This book hooked me in from it's opening page. It's full of fantastic stories that prove how vital social media is. Incredibly engaging, easy to read, and the action steps at the end of each chapter, really help guide you on implementing the books teachings. I've already put some of the books teachings into use and am seeing positive results.

One of the best books I've read this year!
on 1 October 2011
Great book, really insightful and utterly up to date, I already knew a bit about Social Media, but this helped me to organise my strategy, and sell this knowledge into my clients.

The last paragraph was a sign off from DK asking people to email him if they had any questions, I did and had a response within 15mins, for me this demonstrated firsthand the power of the lessons in the book, and how valid it's methods are.
on 5 February 2014
Highly recommended. This book ‘Likeable Social Media’ immerses you in the reality that is social media, digital networks and what this means for marketers and consumers. The book is dense and detailed. It is full of bullet pointed notes, explanations, links and advice on the role of Facebook, Twitter and YouTube to marketers. This book covers a big territory; from improving e-commerce capability to managing reputation and online PR when customers take to Twitter and Facebook to rant about how poor your service is. The book can overwhelm but there is real gold in his advice.

You can see my full review of this and three other excellent books here: http://goo.gl/ca3bWc
on 10 November 2013
Having just launched a new early years education business targeting parents, I knew I needed to understand how to more effectively reach and engage my audience using social media. I stumbled upon this book from an amazon search and decided I had to start somewhere... I was not disappointed! likeable social media is so much more than a quick do or don't guide. It actually talks about principles of business, how and why certain things work and why we should be 'human', transparent and 'likeable'. It is a real easy read and I would seriously recommend it to anyone wanting to do things the right way from the beginning. Thank you Dave!
on 9 March 2015
I have loved this book, really useful and has massively helped me change the way use social media for the Charitable organisation I work for. I find it has helpful and useful advise. It reads really well. It has made me alot more confident with Social media and since taking the advice from this book and putting it in place our Twitter has grown and grown. I have been able to show my 'tech-phobe' colleauges how fantastic Social Media can be when used properly.
For charities and small organisations that don' t have massive million pounds marketing budgets, this is a must buy to help you advance and get yourself out there!
on 28 December 2015
Likeable Social Media is one of the finest books on social media marketing that I’ve ever read, and I’ve read a lot of them – I came across this one towards the start of my career, and it’s practical enough that I was able to apply a lot of what I learned to my clients. In fact, I still do it every day.

One of the coolest concepts that Dave covers, and they are concepts rather than direct lessons in how to use social platforms (because that would quickly go out of date), is the concept of nano-targetting. When you’re running a set of social advertisements, you usually aim to hit a fairly wide, but still targetted, audience – Dave suggests trying the opposite, trying to be so specific with your adverts that you hit a super-targeted audience.

In this instance, he talks about how he ran messages via advertisements to his wife, targeting her by her age, location, employer and interests, and he’s also talked about how people now use the same technique to specifically target him, asking for a job. It’s certainly one of the coolest uses of social advertising that I’ve come across.

Overall, this book is of a high standard and its concepts and contents have aged well – whether you’re new to social media marketing or whether you’re already a veteran, it’s definitely worth your time. Dave’s written some other fantastic books for you to look at afterwards, too!
on 18 May 2014
Likeable Social Media is a great and easy read with useful steps to implement the advice given. You learn about how to successfully interact with existing and potential clients with really good "how to"s and "how not to"s. This book will be helpful to people who are just starting out on their social media journey to get things right from the start all the way to more experienced social media professionals who are willing to learn another thing or two. Well done, Dave Kerpen! :)
on 23 October 2013
It is a very well-writen book that keeps the reader interested until the end of it. However, I expected it to have more cases about some companies based on statistics and results.
on 13 December 2012
I am just starting a sole trader small craft business, and online marketing is an integral part of this. The book is accessible, current and relevant, regardless of your business size, product or service.
Highly recommended, and also their online website full of useful (cheap or free!) marketing ideas and helped me to understand the phenomenon of social media.