5.0 out of 5 stars Finally
This fantastic reader really bridges the gap in the market for Arabic resources. I've been learning Arabic for several years, and have never been able to find such a good skills-based resource to improve reading in Arabic script.

Published on 3 Mar. 2013 by MrMark

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars
EGYPTIAN arabic which was not specified
Published 2 months ago by r

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, 3 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Easy Arabic Reader (Easy Reader Series) (Paperback)

Seeing as there is also complete audio tracks of every text on the McGrawHill website, I've been doing dictations to improve listening skills and then checking my version against the book version to see where I had gaps in my knowledge. It enjoy the texts and the vocabulary and structures visited throughout are invaluable to any beginner to pre-intermediate student. This way you practise reading, writing and listening - the perfect self-study resource. Furthermore, the texts are interesting - taking you on a journey through the Arab world - of various authentic formats - blogs, postcards, letters, story, biography - and well pitched for elementary to pre-intermediate students.

I couldn't recommend the book highly enough. For the tiny sum of money you pay for it, you can get hundreds of hours of enjoyable, varied and effective language practice. Don't hesitate!

5.0 out of 5 stars basic grammar and easy sentences, to see how all that works in ..., 26 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Easy Arabic Reader (Easy Reader Series) (Paperback)
Really helpful book. That's what you need once you learned basic words, basic grammar and easy sentences, to see how all that works in a text before you can move on to newspapers and literature. As someone already pointed out, children's books are not helping, and Easy Arabic Reader is just what I was looking for. It consists of short texts with some harder words explained on the side of every page. Each part has "after reading" section and reviews after chapters which helps to test your understanding and improve your skills. Texts are not complicated but interesting, and they are interconnected which makes them a really good learning material. All text is recorded and you can listen it online for free. Definitely a great buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brill, 2 July 2012
Sally Wilton "Sally" (Bournemouth UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Easy Arabic Reader (Easy Reader Series) (Paperback)
I have been learning arabic for more than one year and anything by these 2 authors is absolutely excellent. Moderately easy stories with lots of clues to the words and grammar. Need to be able to read arabic at first but for that I would recommend any of the other beginers books in this series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Arabic Reader at last!, 14 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Easy Arabic Reader (Easy Reader Series) (Paperback)
I've been studying Arabic for years and am delighted that at last there's a reader for adults (reading kids' stories isn't helpful!). It's very user-friendly, with a good size script, a useful glossary and texts of just the right length. Well done! Please can we have more of these.

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved this book so much, 30 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Easy Arabic Reader (Easy Reader Series) (Paperback)
I have been studying arabic for a while, so my level is a bit above this book. However, I needed to refresh and practice basic vocabulary. I loved this book so much! I am about to finish it and I have to say that it was really worth my time, money and effort. The stories are really fun to read (especially the last one) and the book is well organised. In a sea of overly serious arabic textbooks, it is truly refreshing to use a manual that doesn't take itself too seriously. Arabic can be fun! I would like to congratulate Jane Wightwick and Mahmoud Gaafar for their work. I am a fan. Hopefully McGraw Hill will also start offering material for upper-intermediate/advanced students.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent resource, 28 July 2013
This review is from: Easy Arabic Reader (Easy Reader Series) (Paperback)
I can't praise this reader too highly! Another excellent resource from these two authors which will help learners of Arabic to make real and enjoyable progress in their studies. It's very useful as well to be able to listen to the passages being read online. This book takes its place among the growing number of valuable tools for the study of Arabic which have been published in recent years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous for reading and vocabulary building, 9 July 2013
Mr. C. L. Grindley "cg" (Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Easy Arabic Reader (Easy Reader Series) (Paperback)
I highly recommend this book for anyone learning Arabic who has got past the basics and is ready to go on to intermediate and more advanced things. I notice alto that my Arabic teacher uses this book with her students.
Definitely worth the purchase

5.0 out of 5 stars a great book, 25 May 2013
This review is from: Easy Arabic Reader (Easy Reader Series) (Paperback)
having tried various books,the easy Arabic reader is by far the best.a most enjoyable way to learn a very difficult language.have been trying for years and finally I think I am able to make a conversation.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book, 20 April 2013
This review is from: Easy Arabic Reader (Easy Reader Series) (Paperback)
I really think this is a great buy. The internet link is wonderful. They read all the text to you.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff and a suggestion to make it even greater, 8 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Easy Arabic Reader (Easy Reader Series) (Paperback)
It is wonderful, but difficult without a teacher to help and none available locally. I wouid be glad to pay for a CD. The stuff on the internet is good, but listening tied to the PC is very limiting. i want to be able to listen to it going about my daily chores, and last thing at night in bed, or first thing in the morning, also in bed. This is how children learn their own language. Could you suggest this? I am delighted to have the book. It came promptly and in perfect condition, as I have come to expect.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Easy Arabic Reader (Easy Reader Series)
Easy Arabic Reader (Easy Reader Series) by Mahmoud Gaafar (Paperback - 1 Jun. 2011)