5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and Clear thats what I needed, 3 May 2001
By A Customer
When I first recived this Book, my first impression was very cheaply put together with a typewriter. But looking into it more I found that the style was what I needed, the exercises are plentyful, clear and well set out, I think a must for all those who want to concentrate on learning verbs. contains sections on: Infinitive, all the tenses past, present, future, modal verbs, reflexive, verbs in the Passive voice and much more for around 5 pounds ...Nicht Schlecht....

5.0 out of 5 stars German Verb Drills, 28 May 2011
Eric C. Packham (Edinburgh. Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: German Verb Drills, Fourth Edition (Drills Series) (Paperback)
Just got this book through the post a few days ago and I can't put it down. It really is the perfect book for beginners. It gives you the important verbs you need to know and a battery of drill exercises to hammer them in. Also very important: it gives you the answer key at the back to allow you to check your answers. A good companion to this book (for beginners) is a school grammar book: German Grammar 11-14 by Oliver Gray and Trevor Stevens. The step above this is: The Key to German Grammar for Key Stages 3 & 4 by Harriette Lanzer.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have book, 1 April 2011
M. S. Beardshaw "Mellie Mel" (Essex, UK) - See all my reviews
An essential buy if your learning the German language. A fantastic book for helping to construct sentences. Clearly concise with useful exercises.

5.0 out of 5 stars Definately a help, 7 Mar 2014
I am a sixty year old starter in German language, using one to one tuition from a native speaker.

I needed a book with exercises to reinforce what had been taught in the latest session with my tutor. This book, provided it is used to complement what is being taught, is very helpful.

I did try to overtake my tutor, but this caused an amount of confusion.

No publication is perfect, but I consider this a good purchase. The layout is clear, the exercises are achievable. I would happily purchase other books in this series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear, concise, lots of exercises, 17 Feb 2014
I got a German GCSE 20 years ago and have started German conversation classes at work. I needed something to really drill the verbs back into me and this is great for that. The instructions are clear, the breakdown of different verbs and rules are clear, there are lots of exercises. Does exactly what it says it will.

5.0 out of 5 stars exactly what i expected, 28 Nov 2013
I bought it for my boyfriend as he's learning German and as a German speaker myself i thought it was very good, delivered on time and in good condition

4.0 out of 5 stars Gets you stuck in and learning., 8 Sep 2012
One of the best ways to overcome the complexities of German grammer is to keep exercising your ability, and this book does just that.
An ideal supplement for a more comprehensive study of German.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book for beginners use it!, 11 Sep 2014
I really have found this book useful and it is a good source of knowledge. I have improved my understanding of German verbs by using it. Thankyou

German Verb Drills, Fourth Edition (Drills Series)
German Verb Drills, Fourth Edition (Drills Series) by Astrid Henschel (Paperback - 1 Oct 2010)