5.0 out of 5 stars Another great Pantley book!
Published on 19 May 2012 by nenuphar

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
Whilst I highly rate The No Cry Sleep Solution, I was sadly disappointed by this title.

The first part was excellent. Her descriptions of a picky eater resembled my child to a T and I was anxious to get on to the 'solution' part of the book as I felt after reading this part that she really understood picky eaters and would be able to help me.

Some of...
Published on 19 Dec 2011 by Mrs. J. Abbott

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 19 Dec 2011

Some of her suggestions are interesting and certainly worth a try but there was very little that I hadn't heard before. I was very disappointed to reach the end of that part without finding any ideas that I really felt we hadn't tried, or that would make a real difference.

I was mostly disappointed though by the recipes at the end. After showing she had a good understanding of how picky eaters work, I can't believe she suggests such recipes including things like casseroles, that I can't imagine any truly picky eater, certainly not my son, would ever entertain.

I realise every child is different and perhaps these ideas and recipes would work for some but I don't feel it has helped my situation at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great Pantley book!, 19 May 2012
This review is from: The No-Cry Picky Eater Solution: Gentle Ways to Encourage Your Child to Eat - and Eat Healthy (Paperback)
I am a big Elizabeth Pantley fan. Like many I started out with the no cry sleep solution which in my opinion is a must for any parent suffering from sleep deprivation, and moved on to the potty training, discipline and separation anxiety books. Elizabeth actually sent me this book from the US as it wasn't yet available in the UK and I was desperate to try it (yes, she answers your emails if you contact her).
My little boy is three, and despite BLW and being very adventurous at first her has turned into a very picky eater. This book put me at ease as it helped me realise it wasn't anything I had done wrong... it's fairly normal.
Then I started to put some of her ideas into practice.... before I knew it he was eating raw vegetables with dips, fruit slices with dips, trying a forkful of this, a spoonful of that. Now don't get me wrong he is still picky but I feel that at last he is getting a balanced diet which was my wish. He is definitely still picky but he will try things now, about 50% of the time and making a few changes to the way we do things at meal times has made a great difference.
Thank you Elizabeth!

The No-Cry Picky Eater Solution:  Gentle Ways to Encourage Your Child to Eat - and Eat Healthy