Format: Paperback|Change

on 20 April 2012
Bought this book to give me some pointers as I had a radio I'd been meaning to look at. The authors style is very laid back and shares the benefit of his experience. Using not too much jargon is helpful and if only beginning is not overwhelming.Found myself having to read passages several times over to get what was being explained.For me -a complex subject well explained. As for that radio....one day.
on 7 April 2014
This book is probably of most value to those who already have some knowledge of electronics. The author passes on his considerable experience of diagnosis and repair work in a very readable manner. Having read the book I expect my future diagnosis and repairs to be faster and more likely to be right first time.
on 8 June 2015
This is an excellent reading material for the novice technician. The way this author explains in a simplistic manner, how to approach fault finding in electronics is just is, " smile on your face " inspiring ", with some some funny dry whit along the way. I liked it and glad that I bought the book.
on 12 June 2014
This is a must buy for anyone interested in electronics and equipment diagnostics and repair. From basics through to insightful diagnostic tips this publication has extensive and detailed information and hobbyists and professionals alike will find it extremely useful.
on 21 November 2015
Good book should really be called "My life in electronics"as it mainly described how the author solved problems in the past. Having said that it does add some insight into problem solving in electronic devices.
on 7 March 2014
I like this book. Good content and well presented by author. For some reason I expected a wider coverage of products in the content. But good knowledge and experience imparted by the author.
on 14 March 2013
I bought this for a friend who is into electronic and he was absolutely thrilled to receive this book, and the information it contains is fantastic. according to my friend
on 5 October 2013
Very good logical book.
Just what I wanted.
Very interesting read for anyone even vaguely interested in electronics.
Well worth the price
on 11 February 2015
A decent book, especially for those with a good back ground in electrics and I reckon the 'newbies' could learn a few things from this book.
on 29 October 2013
I liked it.
It is a practical guide without getting too deep into the theory of electronics.
Tells what typically to check for.