5.0 out of 5 stars Hacking Exposed to the max
Quite possibly the best most comprehensive Hacking Exposed book I have read to date. Everything is there and with the added companion site and enhanced chapters you can learn the art of Wireless Security testing from scratch. Frankly brilliant, buy it!
Published on 22 Nov 2010 by Toggmeister

3.0 out of 5 stars Not on the Kindle
Sure it is a great book. But buy the hard copy not the kindle edition. The book has various case studies throughout which are impossible to read on the kindle. For this reason avoid buying the kindle edition.
Published on 17 July 2011 by Hennessey

3.0 out of 5 stars Not on the Kindle, 17 July 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Hacking Exposed to the max, 22 Nov 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 3 Oct 2010
Robin Wood - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hacking Exposed Wireless, Second Edition (Paperback)
A brilliant book by the industry experts. Covers all areas of wifi, not just 802.11, running from basic to advanced.

5.0 out of 5 stars Briliant, 6 Mar 2013
I wanted a book that focuses on wireless. This is also covers Bluetooth and all other wireless communications. A must have addition to the network security analysts library.

5.0 out of 5 stars It was expensive in KL, and took me much time to read. But I loved it., 8 July 2012
NotMyUsualid (Anywhere, anytime...) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hacking Exposed Wireless, Second Edition (Paperback)
Since I have wireless networks to protect, I thought it best to see what knowledge was actually out there.

I took a month break from my CCIE R&S study to follow this through.

I read it cover to cover, and practiced many of the examples (if not all of them).

What I liked was that if you read between the lines of what they are saying, you can understand the other nefarious uses of these skills, and thus best how to combat the 'attack'.

Really I just logged in here to see if there was an updated version to buy.

If you have no skills, or no desire to learn some *nix (Unix, Linux, Mac) you might struggle to follow some of the examples, as that is the hackers platform of choice, and thus features throughout the books' worked examples.

I was stopped in San Jose airport by airport security carrying this book, and all they wanted to say was 'good reading - enjoy it!'. It seems they had some of these skills already...

1.0 out of 5 stars Kindle beware DRM, 25 Mar 2013
I recently purchase a new Ipad mini tried to load this and another hacking exposed book on to the Kindle App, which told me that my licence has expired! I didn't know DRM was on this title, it is certainly not advertised on the product description, It should be because Ii wouldn't have bought it on principle! The whole idea of an Ebook is that it is available on any and every device when you need it! Well, when I did need it, Kindle failed the test. Amazon have been rubbish in sorting this out. So I am in the position of owning a title and not being able to download it!
This is a great series, but come on guys take the DRM off, The only people you're inconveniencing are legitimate owners!

Hacking Exposed Wireless, Second Edition
Hacking Exposed Wireless, Second Edition by Vincent Liu (Paperback - 1 Aug 2010)
32.19