on 5 February 2014
I was excited when I bought this book as I had hoped for endless, well 101, activities. Unfortunately there are only about 2 activities that I am able to use with the four year old child I care for. Most of the games were for children with communication skills but I had hoped for ones I could use with a child only interested in sensory stimulation and who can not talk. Book has now been stuck on a shelf rather than used regularly.
on 12 October 2013
This book is a great tool to have, it provides me with lots of ideas and activities to help the children I work with.
I would recommend this book to anyone interested in helping children that have special educational needs.
on 10 June 2011
Nicely explained, with the purpose and aims of the activities having clear descriptions about what skills are being developed. Really good ideas which can be used for a wide ability range as the activities are graded. A useful resource.
on 30 October 2012
I found this book interesting. It had a few good ideas which I am using in the classroom. However, I think this is very well suited for a parent with a child on the autistic spectrum.
on 16 October 2011
Although this book is American and some ideas would not be viable in our classroom settings I found most can be adapted and it has got some fantastic games that have been very useful.
on 3 January 2013
bought this for daughter in law as her son is autistic will give her good ideas for them to play
on 20 June 2013
This is a brilliant, intelligently set out and helpful asset to any parent struggling to understand and/or play with their child or young person with additional needs or help them to develop. This book provides a fresh set of ideas and clear instructions how to carry them out, as well as the reason why you might want to play it and the desired effects of playing each activity. Also a must for anyone who works with young people. Will be a book I refer to again and again.
on 19 November 2014
Some activities great, good for settings!
on 27 February 2014
Excellent book and very helpful but tended to target the older children, I would had liked more games for a two year old but it will be useful later on
on 24 October 2014
fantastic fun book my young son loves doing and playing games great to interact with him great buy