5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent advice on a very wide range of napping issues
This is the 3rd "No-Cry" book by Elizabeth Pantley that I have read, and like the other two, I have gotten a lot of useful information out of it. I've read many books on baby and toddler sleeping , but I think this one explains the importance of naptime the very best, including the biological and behavioral benefits. It also explains the science of napping and the sleep...
Published on 9 Mar 2009 by Mary Hubbard

3.0 out of 5 stars a good read but..
really found this book written in a non-patronising/preachy tone- the author is very knowledgeable and admits to co-sleeping and feeding her baby to sleep, and making all the 'mistakes' that other baby sleep books warn against, and suggests a series of ideas that you can pick or choose as you think best. Having said that her solutions are for the VERY patient. The harsh...
Published on 2 Oct 2010 by Freyasmum

2.0 out of 5 stars Repetitive, 2 Dec 2013
It really states the obvious, and repeats the statements over and over. Sorry I bought it and more sorry about the time I wasted reading it.

3.0 out of 5 stars nothing special, 22 Sep 2013
This review is from: The No-Cry Nap Solution: Guaranteed Gentle Ways to Solve All Your Naptime Problems (Pantley) (Paperback)
I ordered this book, out of desperation for my toddler's nap time problem, hoping that this book can tell me something I didn't read or try before, but nothing was new really. The book focuses more on babies than toddlers, although it tells ,how important a nap is in a child's life aged between newborn to 5 years olds from every developmental view. And all about scientific explanation why they need this sleep which just make me more furious about any solution for my little one's nap time problem. So, this book wasn't too helpful for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Company very helpful, 26 Aug 2013
I was very pleased with the book. Company dealt very quickly with a small complaint about underlining in this book and gave me a full refund. I would be happy to use them again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book. Super advise, 6 Aug 2013
I loved it! The author is great and has helped me very much!!! It made me understand that everything depends on the specific family and nothing is fixed!

4.0 out of 5 stars It helped a lot, 20 Jun 2013
This book helped to almost get him to be a great sleeper but after a few months (he came a long way) he still wouldn't go to sleep still awake so we had to do a bit of CIO, he only cried for a few minutes a couple of nights which I never expected. I still refer to the book for tips on getting his naps and how much sleep he should be having.

5.0 out of 5 stars no cry nap solutions, 12 May 2013
Excellent book a very gentle approach with lots of practical idea's to help, a truly cry free approach. I would recommend this highly for anyone looking for thoughtful ideas to help your baby nap.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very informative, 1 Feb 2013
Very informative and easy to understand. A compassionate approach which is flexible enough to be child centred. Includes some excellent ideas and a super alternative to 'cry it out' approaches.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good ideas, 25 April 2012
This book really helped me understand what was going on inside my little boys head. It gives a really clear description of specific problems that makes you realise you are not alone. For inexperienced mums like me or mums who have never had a baby that just won't sleep I say buy this.

5.0 out of 5 stars refreshing and reassuring, 2 Aug 2011
This book is not a quick fix, rather it is a compilation of solutions to some potential problems that can arise with naps. My son now naps having been a nap refuser, and although he often nurses to sleep we are using suggestions from the book to ensure that this is not always the case. It is a good book for helping you identify problems and sympathetically try to find a solution without a lot of crying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sleepless in Staffordshire!, 21 Feb 2009
After being blessed with a wonderful but high-maintenance son with chronic sleep problems, it was with great relief that I came across the works of Elizabeth Pantley and her gentle No-Cry Solution books. As with the No-Cry Sleep Solution book, the No-Cry Nap Solution book presents a multitude of ideas and techniques to help you work on all your child's nap-time problems, allowing you to tailor your approach to your own parenting style and choices.

We have been using this book alongside the No-Cry Sleep Solution book and have noticed some definite improvements in our 7 month old's sleep habits. It's slow progress at times but the patient and nuturing approach is just what we were after and fits perfectly with our attachment parenting style. Kai is now taking consistantly longer naps during the day, from an average 40 minutes to at least an hour and half most days. After reading the Nap Solution book I feel like I have a much better understanding of the way my son's energy levels and behaviour are affected by his day time sleep and a commitment to following Elizabeth's ideas have definitely resulted in a happier, well rested son (and a happier, well rested mummy!).

Don't expect instant results but stick with it and you'll soon see progress! For night time sleep problems I can also whole heartedly recommend the No-Cry Sleep Solution book, and feel the two books work ideally together to tackle sleep issues as a whole.

Thank you Elizabeth for another gem of a book - you are a real life saver in our house and provide a wonderfull antithesis to the endless 'cry it out' advice we are bombarded with.

ARRAY(0xaa1a2210)