5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent advice on a very wide range of napping issues
Published on 9 Mar 2009 by Mary Hubbard

3.0 out of 5 stars nothing special
Published 10 months ago by Hajnalka Kovics

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent advice on a very wide range of napping issues, 9 Mar 2009
Mary Hubbard - See all my reviews
This review is from: The No-Cry Nap Solution: Guaranteed Gentle Ways to Solve All Your Naptime Problems (Pantley) (Paperback)
This is the 3rd "No-Cry" book by Elizabeth Pantley that I have read, and like the other two, I have gotten a lot of useful information out of it. I've read many books on baby and toddler sleeping , but I think this one explains the importance of naptime the very best, including the biological and behavioral benefits. It also explains the science of napping and the sleep cycles in detail, which is very important to understand.

The book offers numerous suggestions for a very wide range of nap issues that parents might face with their children. It gives great advice for a lot of very specific problems (such as babies who only nap by falling asleep while nursing) that many of the other sleep books just do not address. I now feel armed with a lot of tools and ideas that I can try the next time my daughter (or next child) has a napping problem. I really wish this book had been available when my daughter was a newborn - it would have really helped me a lot back then.

The book is written in Elizabeth Pantley's customary style: kind, gentle, patient and supportive. Her "No-Cry" approach has always resonated with me, and I think any parent with young children will find this book extremely useful and helpful.

4.0 out of 5 stars A useful read, 4 April 2010
My daughter is 8 months old and I have problems with daytime naps. There are some very useful tips and pieces of advice throughout the book. Helps you understand naps and how to read when one is needed.

5.0 out of 5 stars essential, 17 July 2009
essential purchase for mums who like me do not agree with the cry it out method. Fab advice which works n saves your child becoming traumatised by the other method!

5.0 out of 5 stars Gently, lovingly get your baby to nap, 27 Mar 2014
A. Wizig - See all my reviews
I was so relieved to find this book, both for myself and to recommend to all of my friends. I wanted to find an alternative to CIO because I didn't feel that was the only way for my baby to get the quality naps she needed in order to grow and thrive. However, I required a book that was backed by research, child-centered, gentle, and would actually work for my sensitive, high needs baby! This book was a breath of fresh air -- Pantley's loving approach and sensibilities, the gentle methods organized by specific problems you're experiencing so you can troubleshoot, and the sleep charts and general info all worked to help me move forward in helping my baby. Some of it I was already doing intuitively, and it helped to read it in writing to have the confidence to trust my instincts. Now instead of napping in my arms or in a swing, my baby takes long, peaceful naps in her crib. What's more, she gets the sleep that she truly needs. Pantley's process to get to this stage never involved leaving my little one to cry alone in the room by herself and it only took a few days for me to see great results. I am confident this book will work for other families and am constantly recommending it to my friends and mommy groups who are looking for just this type of solution, or who don't realize how many naps their babies need and how long they should last. There IS an alternative to CIO, that gives your baby more than a short cat nap so she is rested, and I highly prefer this method. I've also read The No-Cry Sleep solution, loved it, and plan to read others by Pantley as well. She is a leader in the field.

5.0 out of 5 stars Will be passing on to all my friends, 29 Nov 2013
I cannot stand 'cry it out' we tried it once and it didn't work, it just made me feel dreadful. This book offers some nice tips to get baby sleeping and if followed from the beginning ensures no bad habits develop. Its is written in a very reassuring way and obviously comes from a loving Mum.

4.0 out of 5 stars good for tips, 27 Oct 2013
G. Mitchell "gemma" (Berkshire) - See all my reviews
I bought this book to help our son sleep through the day. Its quite handy for little hints and tips.

3.0 out of 5 stars nothing special, 22 Sep 2013
I ordered this book, out of desperation for my toddler's nap time problem, hoping that this book can tell me something I didn't read or try before, but nothing was new really. The book focuses more on babies than toddlers, although it tells ,how important a nap is in a child's life aged between newborn to 5 years olds from every developmental view. And all about scientific explanation why they need this sleep which just make me more furious about any solution for my little one's nap time problem. So, this book wasn't too helpful for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars helpful tips for tired parents, 7 Sep 2009
This book does a good job of explaining the dynamics behind infant sleep and is a good stepping stone for understanding what might be keeping your baby from napping. The solutions it advances are not quick easy solutions, but give parents structure for setting up routines and lifestyles that are conducive for naptime.

5.0 out of 5 stars should come with the Bounty pack!!, 23 Aug 2009
MoorlandMystic (Bodmin Moor, Cornwall) - See all my reviews
This book was exactly what I neaded last year when my high-need daughter refused to nap anywhere but in my arms. However, I read Elizabeth's No-Cry Sleep book instead, which was also an essential read for all of the other related sleep problems. Unlike the majority of other books on parenting, the recommended techniques are tried and tested by parents all over the world to ensure their success.

Now with my second daughter, only 8 weeks old and going the same way as my first, this new nap version is a mine of information for both babies as I keep referring and re-reading to these books as my girls develop. Now all I need is for Elizabeth to write the No-Cry method on dealing with two under two!!

Watch out for her Separation Anxiety book soon to be published... another book I could have done with last year.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Book, 13 Mar 2011
Thanks to this book my daughter is on a great routine, and finally a great sleeper! Many people told me that I should let her cry it out or that naps didn't effect night time sleeping, this book teaches techniques to help with nap time and they work!
As a baby my daughter never slept well, maybe a 40 minute nap if I was lucky and hard to put to sleep at night and she would wake up screaming throughout the night. I read this book and as soon as I started putting her down for naps as recommended she started to sleep well, if she missed her late afternoon nap she was up in the night!
This book really changed my views on nap times and finally the whole household is getting the sleep they need.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›