5.0 out of 5 stars Practical solutions from Pantley
Having read other parenting books by Elizabeth Pantley, starting with 'The No Cry Sleep Solution', I was keen to read 'The No Cry Separation Anxiety Solution' when by youngest (of four after an 11 year gap) began to show distress when separated from myself or my husband.
Published on 18 July 2010 by Deborah Taylor

2.0 out of 5 stars not helpful at all.
Money badly spent. Not a real single solution for my toddler's night separation anxiety.
I have really loved other books from her.
Published 3 months ago by C. Balino

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical solutions from Pantley, 18 July 2010
Deborah Taylor (Norfolk, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The No-Cry Separation Anxiety Solution: Gentle Ways to Make Good-bye Easy from Six Months to Six Years (Paperback)
As always, Elizabeth takes a sympathetic approach, advocating a gentle method with the child's welfare and parent-child relationship always at the fore. The book contains many practical approaches to dealing with separation anxiety as well as explaining why it happens. I like that she allows for differences in your own family situation in that you can pick and choose which ideas to use and try different methods for a period of time to discover which works best for your own situation.
I find that her writing allows you to understand situations and emotions from your child's viewpoint - something which as busy parents we can often be to busy to notice - which when dealing with problems allows us to take a step back and see why our child might be behaving in such a way and then she offers us practical solutions.
If you have issues with separation anxiety I highly recommend this book; my son is just 2 years old but the advice in here ranges for children from 6 months to 6 years so I am sure I will find it invaluable over the next few years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pantley does it again!, 11 Jun 2010
K. Desborough - See all my reviews
This book is great for any parent who is finding separation anxiety a challenge and is wondering how best to deal with it. As always, Pantley's approach is sympathetic and understanding to both parent and child and her ideas are simple to carry out. Most importantly, she provides a range of wonderful and nurturing strategies, which means parents are bound to find something that works no matter what their circumstances and always allows for flexibility and individuality. Great advice and a lovely read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Separation Success..., 21 Sep 2010
As someone who never felt comfortable with the so called 'baby training' techniques, that invariably advocate leaving your child to cry for specific or extended periods of time, I have been a fan of Elizabeth Pantley's gentle approach to parenting.

Having read Elizabeth's The No-Cry Sleep Solution and The No-Cry Nap Solution, I was already a huge fan of her nurturing techniques, and so was excited to get my copy of her latest book 'The No-Cry Separation Anxiety Solution'.

The book gives plenty of information about why children get anxious, which helps you understand why separation anxiety happens, and helps you to see things from the child's perspective. It also gives parents a whole host of tools to try, not a one-solution-fits-all approach like some parenting books do.

Although my Daughter and I are not currently experiencing any major separation anxiety issues, I have loaned my copy out to two friends, and both have said they found the book invaluable, and both found techniques that worked for their children (one 14 months, one 12 months).

It's a great book to have in your parenting tool-belt, and I would highly recommend it to any parent.

2.0 out of 5 stars not helpful at all., 26 Dec 2013
I have really loved other books from her.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good get it, 3 Aug 2013
This was very useful, lots of great ideas to try. I used some f the methods hitch worked for us.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 23 Aug 2012
Great book that every parent should read when preparing to return to work, it gives useful advice and tips to help children to adjust to new situations and separations.

1.0 out of 5 stars Empty platitudes and stating the obvious - not worth the cover price, 20 Mar 2012
I bought this book on the strength of other Amazon reviews as I was having trouble settling my child at pre-school. It came recommended with 5-star reviews and I was hoping for some real, concrete help and insight on the issue of separation anxiety.
This book is utter nonsense: the author has filled 200-odd pages with repetitious platitudes and basically useless advice. Most of what she says is common sense: reassure your child, separation anxiety is normal, etc, etc. Don't we all know that?
Pantley's earth-shattering theory is based around the idea that you should play peek-a-boo with your child (to show that you always come back!) and maybe give nursery a break if it's not working out. And if you give them a bracelet to wear, then everything will be OK. A free bracelet is included with this book and it's a cheap, nasty piece of polyester that my eczema-prone child could never wear.
Not worth a fraction of the cover price - Emperor's new clothes. Most of this stuff parents already know; the rest you can get from chatting to teachers or other mothers. AVOID.

ARRAY(0x11699fcc)