on 18 September 2010
Very useful product for dealing with the inevitable problems in the workplace. This book is easy and quick to read - no long-winded research data. Although easy to read it is still very useful and gives an interesting take on scenarios. Its well designed with chapters you can dip into for advice on appropriate language.
on 15 June 2010
A great book, plenty of scenarios with great verbal fixes that will allow you maintain a managerial control. Turn stalemate in to win-win, quash the big unruly personalities and massive egos, deal with the nasty. This book allows you maintain a bit of harmony in a tough workplace. Thumbs up!! Take a moment to read and reflect on the situations that might occur in your workplace. I recently started in a job where I "inherited" 8 HoD's, 3 of who previously "ran" the operation to their benefit and the detriment to many others. Happy to report this book gives you the nice edge with a no messing comeback. Well worth it!
on 5 June 2013
The areas addressed make this book a useful and practical solution to many difficult situations. The content if quite comprehensive and can be dipped into for quick reference.
on 26 August 2012
It's a rare occasion when I cannot persevere with a book but this book is the one. However, to be fair it's evidently aimed at the American market so if you're not American don't waste your time - I wish I hadnt!
on 3 May 2015
This is a terrible book with awful advise. The author accuses people who have different opinions to yourself as mental unstable. Its not even worthy of 1 star.
on 24 December 2012
Good book for an office environement where you may be a Supervisor or manager of people in some way, some useful business phrases.
on 17 October 2013
The books does what it says on the tin. It gives advice on the choice of words when dealing with difficult situations. It pays to know yourself and your own personality and biases when dealing with others. But the advice can be tested and used a step at a time. I will try some that interest me.
on 25 June 2009
Very practical book, easy to read. I have used some of the phrases at work, which given me the confidence that I can deal with tricky personalities.
on 10 July 2014
I bought this as it said it was also good for any situation, but it really is only for work situations! It's good for that, but not much else, so it wasn't for me.
on 5 December 2014
I highly recommend this book for all the wannabe corporate speakers out there. I've heard so much of this over the years: "Moving forward" blah blah blah. Don't the "bosses" realise the ridiculousness of such phrases yet? (How we laugh)
Page 47 however, is absolutely brilliant on How To Confront The Bully Boss eg starter phrase #1: (You say to your bully boss) "Comments like that are unproductive and do nothing but create bad feelings". If I ever hear anyone use that phrase at work I won't be able to contain myself! *dabs eyes*
On the humorous basis, I'd give this 5 stars ;o)