4.0 out of 5 stars Instant Advertising
Published on 13 Jan. 2006 by matthinton

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for 'business', poor for 'design'
Published on 14 Aug. 2011 by Mr. S. Fevyer

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for 'business', poor for 'design', 14 Aug. 2011
Mr. S. Fevyer (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Instant Advertising: How to Write and Design Great Ads That Get Immediate Results (Instant Success Series) (Paperback)
This book contains good, clear advice on the financial side of sensible advertising. The book concentrates, quite rightly, on 'direct response' advertising and the importance of knowing how much an ad is costing you and how much money it is bringing in to your business. The author breaks down the numbers very clearly, better than any other book on advertising that I have read. However, the title of the book promises that we will know how to "Write and design great ads", this is where it falls a bit short. The book is trying to do too much. To be fair, it does contain good advice on "writing ads" but all of it has been said before by other authors. Where I felt let down the most is in the section about "design", this is lightweight, vague and there are no examples at all. The book was worth buying in my opinion for the breakdown of the 'financial side' but the title of the book does seem to promise something else.

4.0 out of 5 stars Instant Advertising, 13 Jan. 2006
A detailed breakdown of the advertising process, from identifying what you are trying to sell, how best to advertise it, what mediums to use to advertise and ensuring the time and money spent on the advertising campaign is put to maximum use. We can all relate to the advertisements on the TV that make you laugh, or we find enjoyable, but do they make you want to but the product? This book will make you look differently at advertisements you come across each day and make you think how they could be improved.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm Sold!, 2 Dec. 2009
This is no doubt the best of the Instant series. Its so good that I just had to give mine away! Don't worry, I will be getting another one when I finish writing this. Super book full of really practical ideas that you will wonder why you haven't done them already. As Brad says. It is simple but not easy. Get this book, read a little every day and more importantly than anything else is 'take action'. No one ever got rich through good ideas alone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth its weight in gold, 2 Jun. 2006
I must say, I am very impressed with this book. I had no idea I was doing so much wrong in my advertising (apart from the fact that I wasn't making as many sales as I had hoped).

I am only up to page 48 and have already got a pad full of notes that will definately spice up my flyers.

The rest of the book looks as full of useful information as the first 48 pages.

The sections of the book are written in a very detailed yet concise way, no jibberish.

This is a book that I can't stop reading and hopefully this will now be the same case with my advertisements.

Thank you Bradley.

4.0 out of 5 stars Instant Advertising, 13 Jan. 2006
Learn how to instantly grab your prospects interest, with ads that can’t be missed and wont be forgotten.

5.0 out of 5 stars Instant Advertising, 13 Jan. 2006
149 cracking reasons to improve your advertising was good enough for me...thanks Brad.
This book should be compulsary reading for every marketing professional and business owner alike.
If you want more from your business - buy this book!