Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

on 14 January 2005
I have bought this book and quite honestly believe that it should be directed to the american way of embalming full stop. It is filled with advanced instruction, and also a lot of page filling bumf!. For the embalmer here in britain who is working in a small family firm, this book would only be refered to if they were presented with a case that needed restoration and were quite frankly at a loss what to do. Even so the time factor to restore a badly damaged case would not be practical to some areas were the body was needed for viewing like yesterday!. The americans spend a lot of time on presentation, nice if you can get it. If I had the time I would use some of their methods, but hey I am here in England, and run off my feet. Give me the british way of embalming any day.
on 18 August 1999
This book became a valuable asset when I was studying the course set by the British Institute of Embalmers. Althought the techniques used in America are slightly different from here in Britain, the book provides an insight into all styles. It is written in a technical, but easy style. As a qualified embalmer, I still refer back to my copy of Mayer on a regular basis. A must for embalming students!
on 19 January 2013
EMBALMING. This will make an excellent reference book for our students. It will give many years of service. Many thanks.
on 20 November 2015