5.0 out of 5 stars Lifesaver
I have read alot of eating disorders books and I feel that this is one that really helped me through my recovery and understood me in a way no other book did. When I first flipped through it I thought it was really inappropriate and I was taken aback with the way it was written but after i settled in to it I could not put it down and in its own way its humour helped me.
Published on 21 Aug. 2009 by nuttychick

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
Good
Published 4 months ago by Lucy

5.0 out of 5 stars Lifesaver, 21 Aug. 2009
nuttychick (Hertfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Life Without Ed: How One Woman Declared Independence from Her Eating Disorder and How You Can Too (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars The best book on Anorexia I've read!, 8 May 2009
T. King "tezcoolgirl" (UK) - See all my reviews
I'm always on the look out for a book that can help me tackle and beat my eating disorder and I think this is THE book. Everything in it is very true and it gives a real insight into what life is like living with anorexia. As well as describing the thought processes and behaviours it offers extremely good tips and tasks for challenging 'Ed'.

This book should be read by sufferer, families, partners and therapists alike! It has brought the realness of the disorder to life and has enabled me to start 'seperating, disagreeing, and disobeying' Ed.

If you only read one book on Anorexia, then this should be it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Eating Disorder, 29 Jan. 2009
This book is about understanding the problem of having an Eating Disorder, (Ed). I read this book on behalf of a relative to try and make me understand what makes people with an Eating Disorder unable to control it. I found the book very informative and a very easy read and the authur laid out her chapters so that they could easily be understood and read, and reread as and when necessary.

I am now able to to give encouragement to my friend to help get over this problem for good. This is not a cure but an insite for those on the outside.

5.0 out of 5 stars best eating disorder book ever, 12 Jun. 2008
Mrs. J. Doy (uk) - See all my reviews
i love this bookit is so so helpful, a book you go back to again and again.

5.0 out of 5 stars recommended, 13 July 2010
This book is a brilliant read for anyone suffering with an eating disorder, it offers a perspective on the recovery process and some useful tips as well as using the metaphor of an eating disorder being an abusive husband which is really effective.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for sufferers who feel they are the only ones who have strange behaviors, 1 Nov. 2009
N. George "Nicky x" (beckenham, kent, england) - See all my reviews
This book is very easy reading and in sections that means it can be read in small chunks. It explains the behaviours and thoughts of someone suffering an eating disorder. These apply to whether one is in an early stage or has had an eating disorder for many years. Everyone can relate to them. It gives exercises to carry out and unlike other books they are not to trying or take weeks to do. Even I bothered to do them when I normally skip them.
It is not a book however that will magically make one see how to recover. It explains how hard it was in recovery showing the relapses and the one step forward two step back.However it doesn't portray the emotional difficulties involved along the way and makes it appear far easier than the real life scenario.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 9 Nov. 2014