5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for the novice or the experienced.
I have been a bricklayer for 18 years and thought that there was little that I did not know how to do. This book is very clear and easy to follow and even with my experience I found that I learned a thing or two. It is well illustrated and the text is clear and straightforward, I now recommended it to my apprentices.
Published on 25 Mar. 2005

3.0 out of 5 stars Bricklaying
This book was written by an Australian and it shows! The text is concise and potentially hard to follow as a result of its brevity although there are many clear diagrams. Many of the techniques covered are not really relevent to UK building practices eg pipework in cavity walls, and dimensions are imperial and may not correspond to UK material sizes.
The easy going...
Published on 25 Jan. 2003 by S. Rummens

3.0 out of 5 stars Bricklaying, 25 Jan. 2003
S. Rummens (birmingham United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bricklaying (Paperback)
The easy going style of the author is refreshing and the long section of BBQ designs was all too predictable, cobbers!

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok with Fosters Lager, 23 Oct. 2007
Z. L. Richards "Daza" (Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bricklaying (Paperback)
There's a lot in this book and the author obviously knows his trade but he's Australian. I purchased this book for the concrete block section in readiness for my garage build. In this respect the book is useless and discusses non UK block sizes. I agree with the first review here, if in the UK look elsewhere.

2.0 out of 5 stars It is stretching a point to suggest that this book is suitable for novices, 1 Mar. 2009
ReviewMan "Large" (London) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Bricklaying (Paperback)
Current building regulations here in the UK would almost certainly make the contents of this book redundant here. In addition, the book is poorly written and hence, confusing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for the novice or the experienced., 25 Mar. 2005
By A Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars Good introduction to brickwork, 20 Feb. 2011
Meirion Williams (Neath:South Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bricklaying (Paperback)
This is an excellent introduction to brickwork.A no nonsense style of of writting helps to get you straight to the various techniques.Although the author is Austrailian brickwork is brickwork the various building regulations change all the time.All measurements are in metric & imperial(us) standards.Some of the methods are for the bigger project but overall you can glean an awful lot of information for your garden wall type of job.A nice little book.

2.0 out of 5 stars It's American, 7 Dec. 2007
R. Rodway - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bricklaying (Paperback)
I am a builder and bought this book to help imporve my brickwork and blockwork skills. It did not. It is American and does not 'translate well'.

5.0 out of 5 stars bricklayer 5yrs, 30 Dec. 2005
This review is from: Bricklaying (Paperback)
Reading this book taught me loads, while learning bricklaying it seemed like nobody wants to show you anything.Reading this book cover to cover gave me the edge in this highly competitive trade.

4.0 out of 5 stars bricklaying, 22 Mar. 2010
Mr. R. Swift "swifty" (east yorkshire england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bricklaying (Paperback)
still reading this but i'll use it as i'm working and finding it very usefull

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 7 Nov. 2014
Very informitve

Bricklaying
Bricklaying by Peter Cartwright (Paperback - 1 April 2002)