4.0 out of 5 stars Lots of repititions - but worth it, 15 July 2002
This review is from: Negotiating Skills for Managers (Briefcase Books Series) (Paperback)
Without the repititions the book would be some 20 pages slimmer I guess. If you read the book within one weekend like I did it is quite annoying.
The book contained very little new, but it was good to read about everything in one go - not having to go through 25 pieces of literature. The book needs to be read more often than once to take its effect.
I absolutely recommend the book to anybody who needs to know about negotiation, communication and behavior ... and it's not only for managers.
I missed to read more about BATNA (Best Alternative To a Negotiated Agreement), which is a/the key term of the book and which was the only new one to me.
I will read the book again. It provides you with all the basics.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for beginners, 1 Mar 2005
I think this book was really good for somebody who knows nothing about negotiating. I agree with the comment that it has a lot of repetition, but still repetition is the mother of all the learning. Isn't it? I also agree that this book is not the best choice for somebody who has studied negotiation before, because the repetition may annoy a bit.
I liked the checklists after every chapter. They are really handy when reviewing what your have just learnt and also when reviewing before each negotiation.

Negotiating Skills for Managers (Briefcase Books Series)
Negotiating Skills for Managers (Briefcase Books Series) by Steven Cohen (Paperback - 1 April 2002)
7.50