4.0 out of 5 stars The Consultants Toolkit - Silberman
I will not claim to have read all of this book, or to be an expert in consulting. I am a young consultant and have just started my own training/consultancy company. I found this book to be excellent, and an enormous help to my business.
Published on 14 Dec. 2004 by Mr S Bent

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor service from the publishers
Published on 16 Aug. 2010

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor service from the publishers, 16 Aug. 2010
A Kid's Review
This review is from: The Consultant's Toolkit: 45 High-Impact Questionnaires, Activities, and How-To Guides for Diagnosing and Solving Client Problems (Paperback)
I bought this book in great anticipation of having access to loads of templates but was sadly disappointed to find the link was no longer accessable. When I emailed McGraw-Hill they told me to email another department who havent gotten back to me yet (one month ago). I emailed the original people back and they didnt reply. A disgrace seeing as the templates were a key reason I bought this book.

I would recommend not buying this book or any book with additional add-ons from this publisher as they are not interested in after sales.

3.0 out of 5 stars For the more experienced consultant, 28 Jun. 2001
Mark Veary (Woolwich, London United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I like this book even though I'm new to the consultant role. Some of the material requires the reader in my opinion to have had some previous experience and I was dissapointed when the the theory was not followed up by some practical exercises or intervention. However, I like the downloadable activities of which there are many. Better still you can customise them to your own company design. Not a book for the novice but for the competent beginer.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Consultants Toolkit - Silberman, 14 Dec. 2004
I borrowed it from a friend who recommended it to me - and after only 2 or 3 short hours of reading a few chapters I have invested in a copy for myself and a further copy for a friend who has just been promoted to a higher level of managment, and was struggling with some of the initial resistance to the change.
I look forward to receiving this and reading the well written theory which will really improve how put my practical ideas across to my clients as it gives the bigger picture and an excellent vocabulary to someone in my situation.

3.0 out of 5 stars A mixed bag, 9 Feb. 2009
A real mix this some good stuff and also some not so useful. Being able to download the templates as part of the deal is a real bonus though.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is essential for every consultant......, 24 Jan. 2010
T. B. Verner - See all my reviews
I was recommended this book by a friend who, like me is in the consultancy business. There are absolutely lots of ideas for running `work shops'; therefore, you should never be stuck for ideas. There is also a section where you can download the workshop templates that appear in the book to use with clients. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tool kit!, 20 Nov. 2010
D. Brown (Belfast) - See all my reviews
The book itself is pretty good, being well organized and covering a broad range of key topics. It does assume some knowledge of the subjects covered so not for an absolute beginner perhaps.

The downloads are a great help of course, saving many hours of typing! Some are a bit slow to load but worth persisting with.

5.0 out of 5 stars Like Gold Dust, 7 Feb. 2014
John Davison - See all my reviews
Use it on a regular basis for all sorts of reasons, it was well worth the purchase.

Even though I now work for a company it still has its place on the desk

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Tools, 8 Sept. 2009
A very worthwhile book full of very useful tools. The bonus is a link to a website where you can actually download these tools in pro-forma.