5.0 out of 5 stars A systematic approach to designing robust trading programs
BRILLIANT! I have read many books in my search for honest facts to help develop my own trading skills. Most promise the earth and then continue to cover the same old topics, presenting someone elses ideas in a slightly different format and providing little if any tangible benefits for the time taken to read.
Others present ideas, qualified with such heavily curve-fit...
Published on 8 Sep 2001 by Mr Paul Honeywood

1.0 out of 5 stars The title to this book is in my opinion misleading.
I found this book to be of no use in developing a Trading System that works, which is what the title would lead you to believe.I would advise people looking to develop profitable strategies for developing robust trading systems to look at other titles, and stay away from this book.
Published on 18 Oct 2006 by Angus Gunn

5.0 out of 5 stars A systematic approach to designing robust trading programs, 8 Sep 2001
Mr Paul Honeywood (Salisbury, Wiltshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tradings Systems That Work: Building and Evaluating Effective Trading Systems (McGraw-Hill Trader's Edge Series) (Hardcover)
Others present ideas, qualified with such heavily curve-fit results (to sell systems available at [...] usually at the end of the book) they are of no use in the real world and are probably a good, if not major reason why so many fail.
At last, along with straight talking authors like Kaufman and Chande, I have found the best book so far. Here we can see the correct processes for developing and testing systems, portfolio's and strategies along with the figures that really count. Don't assume this is similar to the dozen or more other books that promote these concepts. Thomas Stridsman breaks new ground by questioning the figures most suggest as crucial and then more importantly showing you exactly why!
Every idea is supported with examples and evidence along with TScode and spreadsheet formula for external testing. If you only buy one book make sure that it's this one.
Paul H

5.0 out of 5 stars Trading Systems that work reviewed, 10 Feb 2011
Michael Cullen (Heidelberg, Baden Wurtemberg Germany) - See all my reviews
A very comprehensive view of system design, testing, and performance assessment. It has been written for users of Trade Station, and because I am a Metastock user I had much more spreadsheet work to do. However, and none the less, Stridsman's advice was very helpful and clear, and it took me to a much higher level of confidence in my development of my trading system.

1.0 out of 5 stars The title to this book is in my opinion misleading., 18 Oct 2006