5.0 out of 5 stars Informative
I find this book well written and easy to understand. I feel that anyone reading this book should acquire a good working knowledge of roofing. I also feel the illustrations are good.
Published on 27 Mar 1999

1.0 out of 5 stars a guide to roofing shortcuts.
I have been roofing for 20 years and have come to recognize many bad roofing practices. I am sorry to say that many of those poor roofing techniques are promoted in this book. I could go on to list the many problems with this book but I am going to just leave it with one example. Any guide which directs you to flash with roofing cement, should be avoided.
Published on 21 Feb 1999

1.0 out of 5 stars a guide to roofing shortcuts., 21 Feb 1999

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as it could be, 10 July 1997
This review is from: Roofing The Right Way (Paperback)
Pluses: lots of good, current how-to information with plenty of photos/illustrations.

Minuses: photos are black and white--they should be color at this price, and would be a lot easier to understand with the extra information color provides. Should be more consideration of *why* one might use a particular material or technique, instead it covers mostly the *hows*. The presentation is rather dry--the opposite end of the spectrum from the ...For Dummies books. A larger format would help make the photos and diagrams easier to follow.

5.0 out of 5 stars Informative, 27 Mar 1999

3.0 out of 5 stars roofing the right way..., 9 Jun 2014
This review is from: Roofing the Right Way (Paperback)
i had not picked up that this was a US book. it is for felt tile roofing only, and it deals with that subject very well, but it is not a roofing book in the range of materials that we use here in the uk.
very good if you want to do your shed or summer house, other wise a dead end...

5.0 out of 5 stars Informative, 27 Mar 1999

Roofing The Right Way
Roofing The Right Way by Steven Bolt (Paperback - 1 Feb 1997)
Used & New from: 4.71