Format: Paperback|Change

on 6 September 2003
The "colouring book" series is a godsend to students tired of laboriously trawling through text books. For anatomy the diagrams are clear and accurate and the systems sections add depth of knowledge. I think they're great!
on 30 June 1999
Learn lots by choosing which things to share color...where are the connections. Overheads made from this book were just used by a friend of mine to present a lecture to neurology residents. He said they made his lecture a great success.
on 2 August 2012
I was appointed as a Consultant Neurologist at a London teaching hospital in 1982 and I bought this book looking for some aids to teaching neuro anatomy. I can only say that this is the best book that I have found in over 30 years as a Consultant Neurologist in teaching medical students neuro anatomy.

Most medical students end up with knowing only that one side of the brain supplies the other side of the body. Goodness knows how one reviewer said that his grand daughter found it interesting to colour in.( perhaps she is now a famous consultant neurosurgeon or neurologist).

I appreciate that not everyone enjoys 'colouring in' , but even if you do not, can I say that if every one of my medical students understood, and remembered what is in this book they would have a wonderful grasp of how the nervous system is organised.

I have recommended it to every generation of medical students that I have taught, and know how much time and expertise have gone into it's preparation. It is a wonderful resource to any medical student, and I am still referring to the diagrams so many years later.

I would strongly recommend it to any medical student, even if you are not prepared to do the colouring in. If you are prepared to do the colouring in you would benefit greatly. If you knew what was in this book you would be firmly set on your path to become a consultant neurologist.

A wonderful resource.
on 31 October 2009
this book is for all levels, general interest up to degree and beyond. on every double page spread there are fantastic notes accompanied by equally good diagrams that you can colour in to help with differentiation of parts as this is an issue with this part of the body. its a great learning tool and excellent reference too. there is no better book for this purpose!
p.s it is by no means just the brain its the whole nervous system in depth
on 21 February 2011
I am really glad I decided to get this book. I was surprised when it arrived that it was so thick! I hadn't checked out the number of pages in the desription so was expecting something much thinner; especially for the price!

It's early days yet (I've only coloured the first two) but I plan to work my way through the book and colour in every plate! I'm even going to buy some good quality pencil crayons to do it justice as my daughter's school ones are a bit naff.

I recommend this most highly :D
on 15 March 2010
My friend is studying Neuroscience and absolutely loved this! Even more so when she realised what a good revision tool it is.
on 22 April 2010
What a genius Idea. A colouring book for adults! As a student of psychology with a very visual learning process, this book is fantastic! and fun. You read the info on the left and colour the templates on the right, as it tells you to do so.Simples! Its like painting by numbers with a few more grown up words thrown in! Haven't finished it yet but if you want some less intense learning, ie not sat at the books and want to have a bit more fun with your learning, the colour association bases behind this book's teaching methods is again an essential tool for anyone studying the brain and its functions. Brilliant!
on 5 April 2010
The level of detail is excellent and ensures the book is approachable and informative enough for medical school standard neuroanatomy.
on 22 February 2012
This is a lovely way to practise and revise brain anatomy for serious students. The colouring in instructions are a little complicated, but it works if you work through the colouring as you work through your course materials.
You need a large selection of colouring pencils. Pen comes through the page to the other side.
I would recommend this for biology and psychology students.
on 20 February 2014
Really cool, clear diagrams, perhaps too much detail for the average psychology undergraduate but that means miss some pages out, the accom annoying text is as a good as some textbooks so it's like I got a textbook for £10 AND the colouring in! Recommended it to my friends and 3 of them bought it.