4.0 out of 5 stars Only reason I passed my exams
The "colouring book" series is a godsend to students tired of laboriously trawling through text books. For anatomy the diagrams are clear and accurate and the systems sections add depth of knowledge. I think they're great!
Published on 6 Sep 2003 by L-J

3.0 out of 5 stars Suprisingly dense and a good way to get rid of boredom
I didn't learn much, but it cured some boredom. I even did some colouring with my housemates. I can't say I remembered or retained a lot of information, but there is certainly a lot of different sections and views of the brain in this book and it also explains some of the plains, etc that you will see in a pictures or images of the brain. If your a nerd, then you might...
Published 1 month ago by Tim

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Only reason I passed my exams, 6 Sep 2003
L-J (Cambridge) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Human Brain Coloring Book (Coloring Concepts Series) (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, 30 Jun 1999
By A Customer
Learn lots by choosing which things to share color...where are the connections. Overheads made from this book were just used by a friend of mine to present a lecture to neurology residents. He said they made his lecture a great success.

5.0 out of 5 stars Consultant neurologist, 2 Aug 2012
I was appointed as a Consultant Neurologist at a London teaching hospital in 1982 and I bought this book looking for some aids to teaching neuro anatomy. I can only say that this is the best book that I have found in over 30 years as a Consultant Neurologist in teaching medical students neuro anatomy.

Most medical students end up with knowing only that one side of the brain supplies the other side of the body. Goodness knows how one reviewer said that his grand daughter found it interesting to colour in.( perhaps she is now a famous consultant neurosurgeon or neurologist).

I appreciate that not everyone enjoys 'colouring in' , but even if you do not, can I say that if every one of my medical students understood, and remembered what is in this book they would have a wonderful grasp of how the nervous system is organised.

I have recommended it to every generation of medical students that I have taught, and know how much time and expertise have gone into it's preparation. It is a wonderful resource to any medical student, and I am still referring to the diagrams so many years later.

I would strongly recommend it to any medical student, even if you are not prepared to do the colouring in. If you are prepared to do the colouring in you would benefit greatly. If you knew what was in this book you would be firmly set on your path to become a consultant neurologist.

A wonderful resource.

5.0 out of 5 stars the only sane way to learn the brain, 31 Oct 2009
Sabrina Mhar "sab" (manchester) - See all my reviews
this book is for all levels, general interest up to degree and beyond. on every double page spread there are fantastic notes accompanied by equally good diagrams that you can colour in to help with differentiation of parts as this is an issue with this part of the body. its a great learning tool and excellent reference too. there is no better book for this purpose!
p.s it is by no means just the brain its the whole nervous system in depth

5.0 out of 5 stars Brain colouring Fun, 22 April 2010
What a genius Idea. A colouring book for adults! As a student of psychology with a very visual learning process, this book is fantastic! and fun. You read the info on the left and colour the templates on the right, as it tells you to do so.Simples! Its like painting by numbers with a few more grown up words thrown in! Haven't finished it yet but if you want some less intense learning, ie not sat at the books and want to have a bit more fun with your learning, the colour association bases behind this book's teaching methods is again an essential tool for anyone studying the brain and its functions. Brilliant!

5.0 out of 5 stars Mint!!!, 15 Mar 2010
Miss M. L. Tighe "Melbert" (Sheffield) - See all my reviews
My friend is studying Neuroscience and absolutely loved this! Even more so when she realised what a good revision tool it is.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 21 Feb 2011
I am really glad I decided to get this book. I was surprised when it arrived that it was so thick! I hadn't checked out the number of pages in the desription so was expecting something much thinner; especially for the price!

It's early days yet (I've only coloured the first two) but I plan to work my way through the book and colour in every plate! I'm even going to buy some good quality pencil crayons to do it justice as my daughter's school ones are a bit naff.

I recommend this most highly :D

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money, 5 April 2010
The level of detail is excellent and ensures the book is approachable and informative enough for medical school standard neuroanatomy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for Students & Beginners, 9 July 2012
I bought the Human Brain Colouring Book to learn more about neuroscience - a daunting subject for the complete beginner. But the colouring exercises make learning fun and although I don't understand all of it, a lot has sunk in. The great thing about this book is that it can be used by just about anyone who is interested in learning more about how the brain works. I'd definitely recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 9 Oct 2011
I have bought the coloring book to help me remember terms to do with the brain anatomy. As soon as I started using the book I realized what a good product it is. Truly, it helps achieve my target. I do recommend it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

The Human Brain Coloring Book (Coloring Concepts Series)
The Human Brain Coloring Book (Coloring Concepts Series) by Arnold B. Scheibel (Paperback - 18 May 2000)
8.96