5.0 out of 5 stars Great non-fiction text
A great resource to teach young children about how a seed grows. I did the experiment suggested in the book with my reception
class and the classroom was buzzing with children's comments and questions. Every Recpetion and Y1 teacher should get this book.
Published on 28 May 2011 by Rana

3.0 out of 5 stars HOW A SEED GROWS BOOK
Published 15 months ago by Lewisl

5.0 out of 5 stars Great non-fiction text, 28 May 2011
This review is from: How a Seed Grows (Let's-Read-And-Find-Out Science: Stage 1) (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars How a seed grows, 26 July 2012
This is a brilliant book. It combines so skillfully both fact and fiction and was a fantastic tool for my Key stage 1 class to get to grips with growing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another excellent book in this series!, 29 Feb 2012
I have bought several of these 'Let's read and find out' books for my three year old and I find them to be an excellent introduction to basic science. We read this book before planting some of our own seeds and my daughter really enjoyed it. As with all the books in this series, I would thoroughly recommend. A great buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great kids book, 18 Nov 2013
Perfect for under 5's and those just starting to read, only one or two sentences per page so not too heavy but not a baby book either.

3.0 out of 5 stars HOW A SEED GROWS BOOK, 7 April 2013
This is a nice little book and does explain at a simple level how a seed grows. I bought it for our preschool (aged 2-4) to start discussing growing seeds and plants just before mother's day. However, it is americanised and quite long in its delivery and wording. I found myself adlibbing to cut down some pages. You really need to read through it and plan a bean planting (or similar) activity which the children can identify with as you talk it through. It will be useful when we plant runner beans next term though, particularly for older, preschool children of say 3.5 -4yrs.

5.0 out of 5 stars How a see grows, 9 May 2009
E. Guy - See all my reviews
This is an excellent book for little ones, colourful and simplistic - just right for the age group I have. E Guy

4.0 out of 5 stars Party Gift, 1 Feb 2009
S. Fisher (Cheshire) - See all my reviews
I bought 14 of these books for my daughter's birthday party gift to her friends, along with a broad bean plant and tomato plant which I'd grown to 'ready for planting out' stage. I thought this was more educational and fun than a bag full of sweets to rot their teeth. The idea being, they took them home and planted them out, helped them grow and hopefully, eat the vegetables too!! They could also read about how seeds grow with their parents at bedtime!

1.0 out of 5 stars rubbish, 7 Nov 2012
Don't waste your money - this book is a total waste of time. It is well illustrated but there is no story, my four year old was not at all drawn to this book.

How a Seed Grows (Let's-Read-And-Find-Out Science: Stage 1)
How a Seed Grows (Let's-Read-And-Find-O
ut
by Helene J Jordan (Paperback - 7 Jun 2000)
3.49