5.0 out of 5 stars A pleasing look at how children can develop differently., 17 Sep 1997
This review is from: Leo the Late Bloomer (Hardcover)
What better way to explain to a child that it's OK to be different? Leo the Late Bloomer is a classic of American children's stories with brilliant illustrations that bring the tale to life. Leo the young tiger doesn't lead a "normal" child's life and his Father is constantly worried that something is wrong with his son. Leo experiences many of the childhood frustrations that we are all too familiar with such as being unathletic, unartistic or ostracized by your peers. Over time Leo absorbs what the others have been doing and eventually blossoms with a newfound love for life. This book brilliantly conveys the revelation of a child discovering his or her place in the giant world. Leo the Late Bloomer is a timeless classic with a relevant social message and is an enjoyable read for any age child.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value!, 20 Oct 2013
This review is from: Leo the Late Bloomer (Paperback)
Book was described as used but looks new and arrived in a strong card envelope, excellent value, thank you. I had a copy of this book when I was teaching, loved it and wanted it for my grandchildren.

5.0 out of 5 stars one of our favourites, 31 Jan 2013
a lovely book which seems to be out of print so it was great to come across it as a second hand product. Its a good read about little leo who keeps getting things wrong but is fine in the end

5.0 out of 5 stars I love Leo, 10 Jun 2010
This review is from: Leo the Late Bloomer (Hardcover)
"Leo the Late Bloomer" was a book both my children read and enjoyed when they were little. My son had difficulty processing visual-spatial information and was clumsy - lots of spills and a few quite nasty accidental injuries. I am pleased to report that he survived childhood, self esteem intact, has an interesting job he loves and is good at and has even achieved obtaining his driving licence at the age of 40.

So when my friend Sarah asked me to recommend a book for her son, now aged four, who seems dyspraxic (very clumsy) and is beginning to realise he is different, I had no hesitation in recommending Leo. I was surprised that I remembered that befuddled lion from all from all those years ago when he brought us delight. But Leo is truly unforgettable so he sprang instantly to mind.

I bought "Leo the Late Bloomer" as a surprise gift for Sarah and have heard that he is a big hit with a wee boy from a new generation of readers.

I highly recommend Leo for all children and especially those with a mild developmental delay. My favourite line, addressed to Leo's anxiously hovering parents is "A watched bloomer never blooms." And in his own good time Leo does in fact bloom. Just like my lovely son.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite children's picture book, 21 Dec 2000
This review is from: Leo the Late Bloomer (Hardcover)
This book was a massive hit with my two daughters around 25 years ago. I was afraid it had gone out of print but have found it thanks to Amazon and have now given away three copies to a new generation of children including my first grandson. It's simply terrific - funny, uplifting and clever. If you have a small person in your life, buy him or her a copy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book to notice and appreciate differences., 18 Nov 1998
By A Customer
This book explores and shows appreciation for differences. It is an excellent resource for parents, teachers and students. We may not all be alike nor leaarn at the same rate, but differences can be accepted and appreciated.

Leo the Late Bloomer
Leo the Late Bloomer by Robert Kraus (Paperback - 24 May 2002)
Used & New from: 2.78