5.0 out of 5 stars Children love "I don't care" Pierre., 25 Nov 1997
By A Customer
This review is from: Pierre: a Cautionary Tale in Five Chapters and a Prologue (The Nutshell Library) (Paperback)
When my daughter was young she fell in love with "Pierre". Night after night "Pierre" was her favorite bed time story. This Christmas I asked what book to get her son. Fondly she said, "I don't care".

5.0 out of 5 stars 25 yrs later I still hum the song that went with the book!, 26 April 1998
By A Customer
This was such a memorable book for my 2 younger sisters and myself! We would sing along with the little record that came with the book. We loved it and still search for the book WITH the recording. How do we find it?

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm ordering, 2 Jan 2014
I loved this book as a child. I haven't seen it in years, but my young son has just started saying "I don't care" to just about everything. I'm thinking about getting express delivery. It's driving me nuts!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic cautionary tale of caring; witty and imaginative, 14 Dec 1997
By A Customer
Excellent! A classic cautionary tale of caring that is funny, witty, imaginative, instructive. My daughter delighted in my reading her this story for years, along with the Nutshell Library it was in: Chicken Soup with Rice, One Was Johnny, and Alligators all Around. This set is part of my standard starter kit I give to new-parent friends regularly. I love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great storytelling, rhyme and illustration, 15 July 2013
This dinky picture book has it all, with a strong, tongue-in-cheek, moral message, a lion and a reckless hero. The story, the outstanding rhyme and the captivating Sendak supreme illustration make it a 'must' for every story sharer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Timeless, 15 Jun 2011
My favourite book from childhood, purchased to rekindle old memories, but was pinched by a friend's kid who read it once and loved it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Do you care?, 27 Feb 2010
This is a lovely little book - my four year old quite liked it. I'm a bit worried that it might teach him to say "I don't care" rather than the other way round - but never mind.

5.0 out of 5 stars pierre, 8 Feb 2010
love it - but feel it's made better by watching on dvd (also available at amazon)

after watching the dvd you cannot read it anymore you have to sing every word!

a lovely tale of a naughty boy - although beware as it may stray some well behaved boys & give them some bad ideas!

great pocket size - ideal stocking filler & wonderful song!

3.47