Format: Paperback|Change

on 9 July 1997
Teachers, you can use the pattern used in this book to encourage your students to write. Check for understanding of concepts in your class by having student use the pattern. For example:
The important thing about economics is that it teaches us to be good decision makers.
It teaches us about goods and services.
It teaches us about being a good consumer.
It teaches us about opportunity cost.
BUT...the important thing about economics is that it teaches us to be good decision makers.
(They are writing definitions and don't even know it!)
on 12 April 1999
This is a truly timeless book. Published 50 years ago, it still rings true. My own children loved it and we played games echoing it on journeys in the car. In my classroom I use it often to set up reponses in English, math, social studies and science. It always serves to spark animated conversations.
on 2 September 1998
This book is an excellent study tool for any teacher. The format of the book gives students a perfect model in how to write a good paragraph. Eventhough it is basic, students grasp the idea of the difference between a topic sentence and a paragraph's supporting sentences.
on 3 March 2011
I love this book. It is beautifully illustrated and has been enjoyed by children from the ages of six to eleven in school. A great book for parents and teachers alike to teach children about what is really important in their lives.
Fabulous!
on 17 October 2010
A lovely book to share with children and to encourage them to think about what's important about them.
on 5 January 2013
This has it all...civics, sharing, environmental conservation, curiosity about the world...incredible, but true: I gave it to my family (extended--kids and grandkids) for Christmas here in Italy...and my 86-year-old dad sent it to my grandkids for Christmas too!! From Vermont (USA) to Italy!! Traditions ARE worth carrying on! Share this gem with someone you love.
on 12 January 2013
Excellent resource for creating descriptive vocabulary and thinking about the detail in everyday objects. Makes simple thing special. Highly recommended.
on 24 August 2012
I bought this book based on comments from others. As a teacher it has great potential and I am looking forward to using it in the classroom.
on 30 July 2014
Great book for PSHE and setting the educational year off to a solid start.
on 22 October 2014