5.0 out of 5 stars "Brilliant book" age 8years (ish), 24 Feb 2010
E. Child (uk) - See all my reviews
My 8 year old son had read another Harry and the poisonous centipede book, which he absolutely loved. My son enjoys various books such as Horrid Henry, Jeremy Strong and Andrew Norris, but he said this book was brillant. The best book he had ever read, so go ahead and buy it, they won't be disappointed. It's just a shame there are not more in the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just brilliant, 10 Jan 2010
We discovered the Harry books first via a talking book at the library. The whole family was hooked after our first journey listening to it. Both my 5 and 6 year old enjoy having them read to them at bedtime. The stories are exciting and every chapter has a cliffhanger ending which has them clamouring for more. The centipedish language is fun to read and fun to try out (it has no vowels). Lynne Reid-Banks creates the perfect balance between being educational (I know far more about poisonous centipedes than I ever did before!) whilst never being patronising.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stupendous!, 30 Dec 2009
My 11 yr old son thinks this and the other 2 books are fabulous -they have really captured his imagination and he is already on his second reading!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book!, 8 Aug 2006
JoMaynard (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This book (and the other two Harry the Poisonous Centipede books) are loved by my son, a 10 year old dyslexic, reluctant reader. My 7 year old daughter also enjoys them. We first discovered them via a book/tape set.

In this book Harry and George are captured and kept by a Hoo-min, child, who doesn't know that insects don't just eat each other. Then what happens when his mother comes to clean the room? More adventures for Harry and George!

We love translating names into Centipedish, and there is scope to try talking Beetle. (Centipedish has no vowels, and Beetle always rhymes.)

My daughter's school has discovered Harry and read the first book to the class; my daughter competed by trying to stay ahead. The first book has the easiest language and shortest chapters, but once hooked on Harry my son has managed to cope with the slightly harder structure of the next two books.

I'd recommend them to anyone.

4.0 out of 5 stars A very entertaining read, 8 Nov 2004
By A Customer
We have read this book as our class reader at the end of each day in school. Our class enjoyed hearing the story read because we found the centipede language which has no vowels very funny. It was a very dramatic story that kept us interested all the way through. We found it difficult to put it down!
We recommend you buy this book!

Harry the Poisonous Centipede's Big Adventure: Another Story to Make You Squirm