1.0 out of 5 stars Very odd looking cards..., 9 Jun. 1999
This review is from: Angel Tarot Pack (Paperback)
Was rather disappointed when I opened the deck as the cards (artwork) is very different as some of the major arcana cards are downright odd and greepy to look at let alone to "read". The minor arcana's artwork look like regular suits from regular playing cards. The book is long winded and takes forever to get to the point eg. what the card means without having to read through so much to get to the real point of the card. For an angel lover - the art work is plain odd For a tarot lover - hard to "read" and the book descriptions ramble forever without really getting down to business

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for Beginners or Doreen Virtue Angel Fans: Tarot for theologians, students of PseudoDionysus, Occult, and Enochian thought., 23 Nov. 2013
Christopher Hil - your local Clairvoyant and ... (89 Devon Rd, Wednesbury, West Mids, WS10 0RT, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Angel Tarot Pack (Paperback)
This deck is a beautiful deck but it is not traditional tarot at all. Every Major Arcana card has been redesigned, to the point that you cannot see the original traditional tarot image in it. For example the Moon Card in the Tarot is traditionally a dark forboding and emotional card; in this deck it is whimsical, light hearted and an angel swinging on a crescent moon - bit like a circus performer or even Glenda the Good Witch from the Wizard of Oz. The Minor Arcana uses playing card suits of Hearts, Clubs, Spades and Diamonds. I began learning to read cards a child with Playing cards, and progressed to Tarot when I was 12, so I am happy and have no problem interchanging from Playing card suits and Tarot Suits; its second nature to me; but understand that some people would stumble at that.

It is a deck that is filled with esoteric, occult and Enochian symbolism. The meanings of the cards are theological and draw upon traditional angelology with good dose of the school of thought known as Pseudo Dionysius. This deck is perfect for the theologian type or/and the serious occult student and want to get into REAL ANGELS - and not the airy fairy micky mouse type pushed by Doreen Virtue and others then this deck is for you. No fluff or candy floss angels here; only serious study. In keeping with the Pseudo Dionysius angle there is also a brief introduction to the history of angels and their place and development within Judaism and Christianity and the hierarchy of angels: Thrones, Principalities etc.. as detailed in the Torah/Christian Bible and Epistles of Saint Paul. It is a well written historically accurate book. I am a fan of the author Robert Place's work; I use and love his now out of print "Tarot of the Saints" It is a beautiful deck, and as a Professional Reader and serious collector I don't want this beautiful deck to gather dust in my Tarot Chest. But as for me I am a Tarot traditionalist - I LOVE! absolutely love my 1JJ Swiss Tarot Deck and the ancestor/Mother of all Tarot the French Tarot de Marseilles. I find the simplicity in these cards work on a deep psychic level; whereas the beauty and intricate detail of this Angel Deck (and other modern decks) distracts me and holds me back. Maybe because I learn the Tarot as a 12year old using these traditional decks and they are part of me; equally I struggle with the Waite Deck - its too rich and beautiful, and when I read with these decks I feel I am being "shoe horned" into somebody else's Tarot interpretation. Final word - this deck is beautiful, symbolic and a complete departure from the traditional tarot; it has its own unique Angelic Major Arcana, uses hearts, clubs, spades and diamonds, King, Queen, Knight and Lady Minor Arcana. The cards are Pips - ie - 2 hearts is 2 hearts, no illustration like Waite deck. Just 2 hearts, or 3 spades, or 10 clubs. I have scans if these cards if you would like to view them then contact me on christopherclairvoyant@gmail.com and I can email you some scan pics of this deck.

3.0 out of 5 stars simplify instructions, 23 Nov. 1998
This review is from: Angel Tarot Pack (Paperback)
I think, all in all,the book was very well written and illustrated. But,in trying to do some readings and follow the instructions, I found it difficult.

3.0 out of 5 stars Hard to read, but the book was well written, 3 May 1999
This review is from: Angel Tarot Pack (Paperback)
I found the book to be well written but the cards were difficult to read.

Angel Tarot Pack
Angel Tarot Pack by Robert Michael Place (Paperback - 11 Dec. 1995)
Used & New from: £25.50