5.0 out of 5 stars A path to happiness, an invaluable book
Published on 3 May 2000

2.0 out of 5 stars A Disappointment!
I had really looked forward to this book, hoping for insight and inspiration. Instead I found it a disappointment. It's a mildly pleasant book to dip into, and some of the retold stories make you think, but I found the author's attempts at poetry frankly clumsy and irritating, although the feeling behind them is clearly heartfelt.
Published on 12 April 2008 by Maz

5.0 out of 5 stars A path to happiness, an invaluable book, 3 May 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Earth Medicine: Ancestors' ways of Harmony for Many Moons (Healing Arts) (Paperback)
It is difficult to express the magic that is "Earth Medicine." It is so much more than just a book, it is a path to happiness, a path out of the feelings of powerlessness, stress and depression. The ancient wisdom of the book is timeless and flawless. Many, many times, this book has been the medicine that has brought me relief and peace in difficult times. It offers reminders of the things that are really important and suddenly so many problems just melt away. I cannot recommend this book highly enough, it changed my life, let it change yours

5.0 out of 5 stars Native American Spiritual Guidance for Every Day, 18 Nov 2004
Native American culture respects the earth and the natural realm. This book distills the wisdom and psychology of living close to the earth but from a spiritual and heart-based practice.
It provides daily meditations based on a 28 day moon cycle times 13 months to equal meditations for a 364 day calendar year. The titles of some of the meditations are: "Immutable Laws", "Blue Moon", Keepers of the Earth", "Sacred Point of View", "Infinite Creations", "Heartstrings, the Threads of Life", and "Serenity" to name a few ... The meditations are based on Native American beliefs and legends and are tempered with real life experiences.
Interspersed are beautiful poems which reveal deep spiritual insights which can also serve as positive affirmations. This book is a gem. It can be a healing force for anyone with an open heart. It is highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Integrity, intuition and awareness, leading to Spirit, 15 May 2014
I kind of agree with Maz's review, in that some of the poetry is not to my taste, but the rest of the book is absolute gold. Check this:

"Nothing is impossible when we are dealing with human potential. We can hear the heartbeat if wholeness, never knowing what it is that leads us toward our desired goals, we can simply be doing what feels right to us, and we will be using the heartbeat of wholeness as our natural rhythm."

"We have been taught by the technical society that we live in that most things are complex. If we believe this it becomes true. It may be time for all of us to use the hearing that exists without sound. When we trust the soundless feelings, we can hear the wholeness that leads us to personal happiness."

Something a little Rumi about this, wouldn't you say?

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, 10 Mar 2011
A book which is totally enjoyable whether read for short or long periods. I can take it anywhere ie in my bag when I go for a coffee or anywhere I may have 5 minutes to read.

2.0 out of 5 stars A Disappointment!, 12 April 2008
Maz (Yorkshire, U.K.) - See all my reviews

Earth Medicine: Ancestors' ways of Harmony for Many Moons (Healing Arts)
9.51