4.0 out of 5 stars A very concise and fun reading book in Enneagram.
I had learn enneagram for about two years, and purchased about 10 books in this subject, I find this one is very useful for learners and especially meaninful in lover's relation's maintenance, I would like to recommend this book to everyone interested in enneagram.
Published on 16 Jun 1998

2.0 out of 5 stars A good book if you know what enneagram number you are ...
A good book if you know what enneagram number you are but there is no quiz in it to figure this out. So you are left guessing what number you are. The point of the book is to learn about your relationships and often people fall into several enneagram numbers so the read can be confusing.
Published 1 month ago by Gillian

4.0 out of 5 stars A very concise and fun reading book in Enneagram., 16 Jun 1998
By A Customer
This review is from: Enneagram in Love and Work: Understanding Your Intimate and Business Relationships (Paperback)

4.0 out of 5 stars Despite the flawed grammar, it's a must for enneagram users., 21 Nov 1998
By A Customer
I found her book after reading several other books on the subject. Her book was superior, in that it was more than a clinical analyzation of the enneagram. She made the enneagram a usable tool. I disagree with her "spiritual typing", and her writing style (unfinished sentences and dangling phrases) made things a bit murky.

5.0 out of 5 stars WORKING PERSPECTIVES OUT, 2 May 2009
Juanita Lever "vivlever" (North Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This is the BEST Enneagram book for working out perspectives in relationships at work and life. Helen Palmer so precisely and accurately articulates individual personality nuances and how these impact between the 9 personality types. BRILLIANT - this book is a must for all people wishing greater understanding of themself and others in their lives.

5.0 out of 5 stars An important guide to important parts of life, 30 July 1999
By A Customer
Enneagram lovers will love this book. It takes Miss Palmer's insights into the Enneagram generally and applies them to the complex areas of love and work. I am a bit biased -- if there were an Enneagram cult, I would be a proud member. Anyone interested in Jungian archetypes or personality analyses based on them (such as the Meyers-Briggs personality indices) will also appreciate this beautifully written and insightful book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well-written, unbiased presentation of the enneagram, 3 Oct 1996
By A Customer
A wonderful sequel and supplement to her first book. Gives a comprehensive and highly readable presentation of the enneagram in relationships.

4.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding and easy to follow guide to the enneagram., 29 Mar 1999
By A Customer
This book reviews each number of the enneagram with great detail, then describes the relationship between all of the numbers in love and in work. I would also recommend the readers also pick up a book on arrows and wings of the enneagram. Knowledge of the enneagram isn't complete without this vital information.

5.0 out of 5 stars insightful, time efficient, especially if you just want to figure out stressful issues in one friendship/ relationship!, 10 Jun 2013
with this book, acutually with mainly one chapter I learned to understand the reasons for some past difficult friendships much better, gain insights in how to behave differently in future if ever working or being a close friend with the same Enneagram type again. Interestingly I figured out that some of my past friendships which initially started well, but became stressful -unlike other close long-term friendships- had all been with the same Enneagram type (8) and had all a common problem which made them "suddenly uneasy". Only when I learned more of the Enneagram I figured out that these few close friends were/ are type 8`s and that the stress always started when I felt under pressure from them to do something they felt was the only right thing to do... often unasked advice, often it was an absolut "no go option / solution" ..... often the type 8 friends got really angry at me and started persuading + with an aggressive communication style....which made me - a type 9 - even more resistant than ever before. I bought this book in order to gain a deeper insight into the encounters in love and work relationships of various Enneagram types and in order to figure how to cope better in future with situations like the ones mentioned above. Obviously a lot of the problems one specific type encounters at work or in relationships with another type can be figured out with some of the other Enneagram books and have been absolutely eye-opening already. But I found that this book brought more common pitfalls to the surface when different types deal with each other. It is very well structured. Plus obviously it is much easier and more time efficient if you just need to read that one chapter or paragraph which is dealing with the stressors that may occur when type x meets type y clearly + briefly explained, when you are having the tensions already. I found myself well described and benefited from the growing edges I found / read in this book. So all in all a great tool to improve certain relationships, without having to read the whole book beforehand (assuming you know your Enneagram type+ the one of the person you are struggeling with!)

5.0 out of 5 stars The gift of freedom, 24 Oct 2011
Michael Layden (Ireland) - See all my reviews
I ordered this book and two others on the Enneagram. years ago for someone who had done a course on Enneagrams and was heading off on holidays. Suffice to say it arrived late so I ended up reading through it. Before it I had put Enneagrams in the same category as Astrology. It is a useful tool for personal development

But it is much more scientific and based on clinical experience than I thought. I think we all go around feeling slightly strange, believing somehow we are a fraud because of how different we are to others around us.

I was startled when I read the piece on Enneagrams fives, it was the clearest description of how I look at the world that I could imagine. Almost freaky seeing your personality exposed on paper.. But this in itself was a liberation instead of worrying that I was somehow odd I found out I was a fairly standard five. Pity I didn#t read it in my teens or early twenties! Interestingly there is even talk about what are unhealthy aspects and healthy aspects of your type. This gives one something to focus on and also is a constant source of amusement to me as I see my planes of weakness breaking through again and again. Ahh! without challenge what is life :-)

In my upbringing I was brought up to see the good in people, life experiences can somehow blunt this enthusiasm. This book helped to restore my faith in people. It gives you some idea of what are the motivations of each type. Understanding how different people view the world and how they look for acceptance is a great foundation in life.

Finally in the Work and Relationship sections I found almost identikit descriptions of one set of work and one set of relationship dynamics which had caused me a lot of pain and anger. Understanding that another person is not necessarily at fault and that the inevitable clashes between different character types have a predictable nature is very comforting. It gives one much greater empathy towards other people.

I have bought several copies to people who were tearing themselves to bits with internal struggles or at work or in relationships. Three of the people I gave copies of the book to found it very helpful.

We are all very different but it is nice to find that there are basic personality types. We really need to have a better understanding of how we all function separately and in combinations.

This was the most useful enneagram book I found, there are others I have read that are more far reaching or with better writing. But none of them have been as clear and useful to me.

2.0 out of 5 stars A good book if you know what enneagram number you are ..., 15 Sep 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 9 Oct 2014
As good as new and arrived promptly