5.0 out of 5 stars A life changing book
Published on 3 April 2003 by Celidwen

3.0 out of 5 stars Inner bonding
Interesting - if you are into discovering how to help your inner child. I have to say I am a bigger fan of Kinesiology (as a therapy) that covers all of this really. But as a self help/interest book it is useful.
Published 13 months ago by Jane Juliet

5.0 out of 5 stars A life changing book, 3 April 2003
This review is from: Inner Bonding: Becoming a Loving Parent to Your Inner Child (Paperback)
I bought this book after reading a book called "Sex, Love and the Dangers of Intimacy". I was feeling unloved by my partner and was wondering why this kept happening to me. I was terrified of being on my own and kept flitting from one useless relationship to another. I flipped from thinking this was my fault, to their fault, then back again. The first book I read suggested this was happening because I was choosing a partner on the basis of "co-dependency". Essentially, you both bring out the worst in each other, thus forcing you to be confronted by your innermost fears. The book suggested you needed to bond with yourself before your relationships with others would work. Reading THIS book was a revelation. I always thought I knew what I wanted, and took care of myself. However, come the second half of this book I was in floods of tears for hours. I realised I had actually abandoned my own needs completely, which is why I was so analytical and critical of everybody else. When I finally listened to my own Inner Child, I found I was more self reliant and far more loving to others. Even if you think you're OK, you really should read this book. You may be surprised by the strength of your own unacknowledged fears and desires.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great insight and wisdom, 12 Sept. 2002
I discovered this book by accident when I was having some emotional problems and it immediately became my bible and has not left my side whenever I felt the need for a source of strength.
Margaret Paul provides amazing insight and wisdom into the workings of the mind and how the Inner Child tends to take over and control areas of one's life. Her words spoke directly to me and showed me ways in which I could understand myself, learn how better to operate and discover new ways of shifting my perspective. The personal stories shared by many of her patients all provided ways of learning and I found I benefitted from reading each and every one of them.
This is a book which I will always have in my library and I know will continue to provide strength when I most need it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inner Bonding a must read, 15 July 2010
This book is very well written. The author writes clearly and concisely.

I came across the topic of healing our inner child many years ago, but at that time was not really receptive to this concept. I find the author gives excellent examples and explanations of how working with the sum total of all of our emotional experiences that have been less than empowering, and in many cases very distressing, can indeed help us to slowly transform our lives. The metaphor for this sum total in all of us, is the inner child.

Upon reading this book, it really brings home what a very emotionally sick society we have out there. If everyone did this work, our society would change dramatically for the better.

This is an outstanding self help book, and will certainly cause me to want to study this subject in much more depth. highly readable for those wishing to understand the routes of their suffering, and do something easy and practical about it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best personal development book ever!, 18 Mar. 2010
Coyo (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I have read hundreds of books and taken part in lots of training programs on personal development. I've learnt a lot over the years. Inner Bonding, however, just brings together the best of what I have already learnt, along with new lessons - all in a way that makes perfect sense. To me, this is THE ONE. I don't need any other books or any other approaches now. It combines psychology with spirituality in an ingenious, simple way that makes me wonder why nobody thought of it before!

I won't go into any more detail other than to say if you're still searching for happiness and wholeness, read this book. And check out the website too.

5.0 out of 5 stars do not hesitate !, 18 May 2012
cduck (london, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This is an absolutely fantastic book. If you have even the slightest belief that it could be useful to you or someone you know, then please buy it immediately ! I have read 100's of books with a self help or similar slant and I have never read one that even comes close to matching this for real, constructive information and methods that actually work.

Personally, i had no prior knowledge of the topic, so perhaps it has made a bigger impact for that reason. If you've read other books on precisely this topic, I couldn't really judge if this might be better or worse. However, if you have never read a book on this topic, please read this one. It helps with every area of life in terms of relationships with self and all others - spouse, children, parents , colleagues . I find it hard to imagine anyone who approaches this material with an open mind being anything other than truly grateful to have discovered this certain gem !

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazingly accurate: EVERYONE should read this...., 26 May 2013
I've heard of this concept before, although never in this context. This book, & therefore the author, explains everything I've been looking to understand in the last 30 years. Not only do I understand the last few pieces of my own 'jigsaw puzzle', I've found the missing parts of other people's, too. From a background of serial abuse I chose to fill my life with only those who respect me & this book tells me why that was essential in order to learn respect for myself.

I once heard: 'Happiness is not having what you want; it's wanting what you have.' I want to be happy with who I have become & this outstanding book provides the tools for the last stage in that journey (I should also point out that it would work just as well if it was the only step in that journey for someone who commits to the work). We should enjoy the journey for its own sake, rather than focus on the destination. With the tools I have learned here, this journey won't end until I die: life is a learning process and one I love.

Thank you, Margaret.

5.0 out of 5 stars A change of life, 7 Oct. 2011
I was recommended to read this after having a lifetime of trauma. I understand it and believe it, having a few difficulties outting it into practice, but it is an excellent book and I would recommend anyone having problems in life to give it a go. Hard going at times but stick with it!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing and life changing!, 3 Nov. 2013
Wow, I just finished reading this book and I'm speechless. For the first time, someone has actually explained exactly what it means to be yourself and to love yourself.

Thank you for making my life better!

4.0 out of 5 stars tough, 6 Jun. 2012
I've not got into this book yet but so far it is interesting and helpful. Benefits from it seem to depend very much on the individual reading it and their acceptance of the idea, for me it is tough going and interesting enough to persist all be it slowly.

5.0 out of 5 stars life changing, 14 May 2013
Inner bonding is a revelation to me. For someone who is incredibly self critical, this method allowed me for the first time to be OK with myself. Highly recommended.

Inner Bonding: Becoming a Loving Parent to Your Inner Child
Inner Bonding: Becoming a Loving Parent to Your Inner Child by Margaret Paul (Paperback - 8 Feb. 1993)