5.0 out of 5 stars Daily Bread
Published on 17 Nov. 2007 by Peter Uys

1.0 out of 5 stars What a Swindle
My licence ran out when I bought a new iPad and was unable to download it, so I was unable to finish reading it. this also happened to two other of my kindle books. What a swindle.
Published 17 months ago by Kenneth Baker

5.0 out of 5 stars Daily Bread, 17 Nov. 2007
Peter Uys "Toypom" (Sandton) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
This review is from: Around the Year with Emmet Fox: Book of Daily Readings (Paperback)
This book of daily devotions contains unpublished and published works including selections from The Sermon On The Mount and The Power Of Constructive Thinking. There are poems, prayers, scriptural passages and their exegesis. The theme is personal transformation and the practice of the presence of God. The main theme is that there exists a power that can liberate the captive and transform one's life for the better. This power of being is the Kingdom of God within (Luke 17:21), the power indwelling in consciousness. It is the invitation of Psalm 55:22 - Cast your burden upon the Lord.

The text begins with an explanation of Isaiah 9:6, the attributes of God as Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father and Prince of Peace. God is Spirit and we must worship Him in spirit and truth. The seven main aspects of God's nature are revealed as Life, Truth, Love, Intelligence, Soul, Spirit and Principle. Compound attributes consist of 2 or more of these, for example Beauty is made up of Life and Truth whilst Wisdom is a compound of Love and Intelligence.

Much information is given on the concept of scientific prayer, which is the practice of the presence. When confronting a problem for example, it is wise to think about God instead of the difficulty. The book is highly inspirational and uplifting and an antidote to spiritual exhaustion caused by wrestling with religious dogma and doctrines. I also recommend Alter Your Life by this author and The Hidden Power Of The Bible by Ernest Holmes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you Mr Fox, 8 Feb. 2013
If you're having trouble wondering why, no matter how hard you try, life doesn't go your way, then you need to read this. Mr Fox's very enlightening daily readings set me up for the day while helping me understand my living problem. Essential reading for those on a spiritual path. This book helped me see the bible as a spiritual guide not the religious weapon hijacked by the church. I enjoy it everyday.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book for daily guidance., 7 Jan. 2015
I read. this book every morning it only takes a couple of minutes and it sets my mind up in a positive way for whatever the day may bring. An excellent way to stay in touch with your spirit first thing in the morning before you face the world.

1.0 out of 5 stars What a Swindle, 9 Dec. 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Part of my spiritual 5 a day.., 12 Aug. 2013
I read this daily in the morning - it just sets me off on the right track fro the day - the words of this man really resonate with me currently and I hope they do with you too :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Daily meditation resource, 8 Aug. 2013
A reading once a day, not necessarily in date order, promotes a sense of well being and of being in the right place for me right now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Daily readings., 27 Mar. 2013
J. M. Fowler (Wales) - See all my reviews
This little book follows much of what he has written in 'The Sermon on the Mount'. A very good guide to daily living.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book, 21 July 2013
I love this book as it offers Short bursts of wisdom. It is easy to read and it is very uplifting and inspiring

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 July 2014
It's one of the best daily readings, that I have read and I have read many.

Around the Year with Emmet Fox: Book of Daily Readings
Around the Year with Emmet Fox: Book of Daily Readings by Emmet Fox (Paperback - 18 Jun. 1992)